Solved

Consumption displayed on Solarman App not working as it should?

• 17 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Carbon Cutter*
  • 3 replies

I have a bluesun BSE6KL1 hybrid solar inverter  (rebadged Megarevo R6KL), battery storage, tied to the grid but no feed-in tarriff.

The Solarman App displays the input to the inverter from the PV panels, battery charge/discharge, Grid In/out and “consumption”.

I understand that the “consumption” figure should reflect what energy the house is using. Sadly it only displays 11 watts… Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 18 January 2023, 09:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RogG can you post any pictures of the inverter and app display please? That might help us understand a little. 
It could be that your ‘consumption’ is actually showing feed from grid or it might be that the measurement circuit is badly placed or faulty. I think I’ve seen a similar inverter in use but just to check

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Actually, just looking at the Solarman webpage, they say this about consumption data …

So there may be a missing feed from the inverter

Badge +1

I have had a response direct from Solarman, I quote,

We checked and found that the value uploaded by the inverter is consistent with that displayed on the platform.

Here is the command,pls check with the inverter manufacturer.

Command: 0103228800024E59

Return: 01030400000007BBF1

With regard to the image requested I will wait until the solar is producing electricity and then take a screenshot.

Thanks for your support, the internet at its best!

Badge +1

Panels producing 302W, batteries providing 2.98kW but consumption 19W, doesnt add up! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

But it does show nothing being drawn from the grid either .. as you say, it doesn’t add up.

Where about is your CT positioned? That will be one of the measurements used for the system. Also on the bottom of your image - does the Trend level give any more detail?

By the way, did you get to the bottom of the Command/Return messages from the inverter manufacturer?

Badge +1

Hi MrBP

Thanks for your prompt reply, will look at the CT positioning.

Nothing back from the manufacturer as yet.