Solved

Charge Anytime with Indra smart charger issue? I plugged my car in this morning and it charged straight away...

Badge

I plugged my car in this morning and it charged straight away , I was surprised as I presumed it would come on late at night to be cheaper ???

Can anyone shine a light on it for me 

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 24 May 2023, 12:25

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Charge Anytime will try and charge at, er, anytime in order to meet your end state of charge and charge by time. I plugged mine in at 13:20 and it’s slurped a couple of kWh this afternoon at around 16:00 then stopped. The Ohme app shows the bulk of the charging will happen in the small hours to get me to 100% by 06:00 tomorrow. It doesn’t matter when the charging takes place as long as you let the Ovo algorithm decide when to charge - you will still get the 10p rate as long as you don’t force it with a boost/max charge.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I believe  its when the Grid has lower demand is when it works at the lower rate 

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s what I thought originally but since I’ve been recording charging and comparing credits it looks like all of my smart charging kWh have been credited at the 10p rate. Some of my sessions have required a portion of the charging to take place outside of what I would consider to be low demand periods. I will test this and report back.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Chris78 @simongrigg @Dark 

I’m aware of an issue over the last few days with customers using Charge Anytime with an Indra smart charger. If you’re using an Indra smart charger with Charge Anytime, the latest advice we have is:

Currently we’re experiencing a few technical issues. This is impacting the smart control of your Indra charger.

We’ve not yet been able to fix the smart control issues. We’re working closely with our partners to understand what is causing the problem. We’re aiming to have a solution in place as quickly as possible. Our data shows that that problem started Friday 24 March at 10am.

This is how we expect you to be affected by the issue:

• Managing your tariff and charging schedule in this app won’t be available
  • Scheduled charging isn’t guaranteed. Chargers will most likely be working in ‘home alone’ mode. This is 32A on plug in
  • V2G Chargers aren’t able to export
  • OVO customers who are on Charge Anytime; Kaluza and OVO are working together to make sure that your charger is operating in troubleshooting mode. Charging in this mode will mean that you’re charged 10p/kWh and your credits won’t be affected
  • For customers on multi-rate tariffs with other energy suppliers, your charging may cost more
  • Scheduling a new charge in the app won’t be possible

The boost button on the Indra charter will work as normal.

We’re really for any inconvenience this has caused. We’re working hard to get this issue fixed as soon as possible, and will keep you updated as we soon as we have more information.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I believe  its when the Grid has lower demand is when it works at the lower rate 

I said I would do an experiment on this and report back, and I can confirm that smart charging sessions are charged at the lower rate regardless of when they occur.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I don’t know if this is connected to all of the above but I am no longer able to access the Indra app on my phone and I seem to have lost the web app on my Mac. 

My EV is charging ok but I currently have no means of changing the charging schedule or seeing how much charge I have used.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Jasmin10, thanks for posting about this. 

Can you have a quick read of the recent posts from @darren.guscott and see if it sounds similar? Or maybe Darren can advise...

Badge +1

It does not sound the same as the Issues I have BUT I thought once you moved over to the app, the web interface would not work and it would come off the Charge EV rate, on another thread someone said they had to clear their account from the App and then it would work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi again,

Thank you @darren.guscott and @Tim_OVO for those helpful replies. I thought I’ve read somewhere that the new Indra app is for new home charger user only and that they will be in touch with existing Indra app users soon - can anyone confirm that?

Also,if I clear my account from the app will I lose the data currently on there?

TIA

Userlevel 7

@darren.guscott @Jasmin10 I know that there’s a Kaluza/Indra web app that you’re supposed to use with Charge Anytime with the Indra app, and not the newer native Indra app.

Do you know this for sure and the question around data @simongrigg @domino138 @kentbod @FatOldSun?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Tim_OVO and @Jasmin10 

I have the Indra iPhone app, and I also go to the Indra/Kaluza website.  I probably shouldn’t have installed the Indra iPhone app but it isn’t affecting anything.

I have removed all schedules from the Indra iPhone app so that it doesn’t conflict with OVO - I think this is important.  The Indra app shows me some nice data on previous charging sessions but it’s important to note that this isn’t connected with OVO in any way.

The Indra/Kaluza website is where the magic happens and where OVO is connected up to your home charger.  I access this website using this link:  https://app.indra.co.uk/

It’s in here where I set the charging schedule:

History:

Dashboard:

Note that it’s showing that it’s connected up to OVO Charge Anytime.

Hope this helps.

Badge

@Tim_OVO the Indra App (actual one downloadable from the app store) doesn’t work for me at all, hasn’t since day one, essentially OVO and Charged EV managed to sell people a charger to get OVO Anytime which isn’t fit for purpose and without the infrastructure in place to support it either. 

Once fitted OVO / INDRA and CHARGED EV customer support is ABYSMAL and no one actually knows what they are talking about on the phones, they just read what they think you should do from their pre prepared sheets. 

for me personally, i have the charger working via trial and error, the Indra web app here > https://app.indra.co.uk/login?redirectTo=%2Felectric-vehicles

is what i am using to schedule the vehicles charges for when i need them, however, this is still bringing up fake profiles on my cars app and fake timers also, which if i don’t notice them restrict the cars charging sometimes. 

There has been a mention on this thread of a profile called ENODE which is what i get, this appears by itself and makes its own arrangements without any help from me, it also throws up random timers days in advance for random times also… 

as someone on another forum said to me the other day, these are the ‘little gifts’ we get owning full EV vehicles. Never a dull day !! 

@Tim_OVO i would LOVE to speak to the powers that be at OVO if you could arrange this ? my business partner is 3 weeks in with his indra charger with a different car to me and having the same non charging issues, so this is charger related rather than vehicle related. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @domino138, I agree that is nice data from the Indra app and it’s what I used to be able to see before I was no longer able to access the Indra app on my android phone. Does it make any difference that you’ve installed it on an iPhone? I’ve tried to install the new Indra app but when I go to setting the charger up with my vehicle I get the message “No device found”.

I’m getting very frustrated with all this as not able to access the data I need or change my schedule. At least I can still charge my EV thankfully.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Jasmin10  - don’t use the Indra mobile app - it’s not necessary.  For now you should try and get access to this website:  https://app.indra.co.uk/

Is that working for you?  I also get great historical info on that website:

Badge

what @domino138 said @Jasmin10 

same for most of us 

check my previous post where i added a link, you can open that on your phone and save it as a screen link on an iphone (meaning you are using the web link and not the official app which doesnt work) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @kentbod 

I have a Indra Smart Pro charger and a Tesla.  If you have the Indra then you should not use the Charge Anytime app.

I initially set things up in the Charge Anytime app which was a mistake because the Charge Anytime app was talking to my Tesla and setting up a schedule which conflicted with the Indra/Kaluza website schedule.

A few weeks ago clicked the “Delete Account” option in the Charge Anytime app and removed it from my iPhone.  OVO also confirmed that this was the correct thing to do.

If you have the Indra app on your phone then you should also remove any schedules from the app.

As per my previous post this morning I now control my schedules from the https://app.indra.co.uk/ website.  There is no way that OVO, Kaluza or Indra can talk to my Tesla since I’ve removed the Charge Anytime app.

I don’t know if this helps?

Badge

@domino138 same for me…. with a slight variation. 

i have a Taycan and had the same issue, was told to download the charge anytime app, then told actually, its not working, delete it, so i did… i am also now using the indra web app, but… i still get random profile being added to the vehicles app along with random timers. 

the joys of being guinea pigs for these EV companies ;-) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@kentbod exciting and frustrating rolled into one!

Did you click the “delete account” button in the Charge Anytime app before you removed it from your phone?  Maybe your account is still active on the Charge Anytime servers and sneakily connecting to your car? 

Nothing should connect to your Taycan now.  Maybe there’s a way to get Porsche to revoke the login token so that they are no longer able to connect.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If needed, the Smart Home Team can remotely try to delete accounts via smarthome@ovoenergy.com. But it is faster to re-download the app and use that to delete your account before deleting the app again

Badge

@domino138 thats a very good point, ill go and chat to Porsche about this exact thing, didn’t think that they might have deposited a log in token. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@kentbod probably an easier option is to do what @Blastoise186 suggested above…  Is that doable?

Badge

@Tim_OVO this appears to still be an issue: is there an update as to where Kaluza are in fixing this?

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear it’s still an issue, @SCdF

It might be a few different things at play here, so I wouldn’t want to guess as to the issue with your Indra charger and provide a time frame. My advice would be to flag this to the OVO Smart Home team so they can take a look ‘under the hood’ and triage this appropriately: smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Can you keep us updated here in case it helps anyone else?

Badge

Sorry to hear it’s still an issue, @SCdF

It might be a few different things at play here, so I wouldn’t want to guess as to the issue with your Indra charger and provide a time frame. My advice would be to flag this to the OVO Smart Home team so they can take a look ‘under the hood’ and triage this appropriately: smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Can you keep us updated here in case it helps anyone else?

So I did email the support team mentioned in the indra webapp, support@indra.co.uk, with my problem. They apparently manually set it to run on their end during my cheap hours, and indicated once the app was fixed I can email them again to revert their manual change. However, I tested that this weekend and whatever they attempted didn’t work, as it still charged in the middle of the day.

Would you also like me to email the address you mentioned, or does it all go to the same place?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’d suggest emailing smarthome@ovoenergy.com as well, that team has more access to the systems involved.