Solved

Charge Anytime - If I were to run my washing machine while the car is being charged under control of the app, would it the discount?

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m loving Charge Anytime , now I’m becoming familiar with its performance.
Was surprised at first that when I plug my car in it starts charging immediately but if I’m patient and wait maybe 7-9 minutes the system takes control, charging stops and restarts when scheduled by the app.
The possibly dumb question which just occured to me is this: If I were to run my washing machine while the car is being charged under control of the app, would its consumption also attract the discount? How does my smart meter know which machine is receiving the electricity? 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 9 February 2023, 10:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Nosmarb ,

Nope! Just the EV would get it. This is based off of data received by both the smart meter and your EV/Charger so the Kaluza platform and OVO would know how much your EV took.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Blastoise,

I think I worked that out a few minutes after I hit the ‘Submit’ button.

The car, of course, grasses me up to Ovo.

I have been onto 5 different people at OVO over 3 hours to tell them that my mobile, Laptop or computer is unable to connect to Kaluza to charge me car. The last person that I spoke to was ASHA in customer services who told me that the Charge anytime service has been discontinued and they no longer offer this service, I have had to charge my car on the last 3 occasions without being able to connect to Kaluza, have clicked the charge anytime app then Renualt Zoe, the it trys to connect with Kaluza app and fails every time app many times and I am very dissappointed Ron

Userlevel 7

Hi @Ron Pretty I’ve replied to your other topic here

You must be an OVO Energy customer and have an eligible car or charger

If you have an eligible car or charger but there’s an issue connecting up, please email OVO’s smart home team now with the details: smarthome@ovoenergy.com