Solved

Charge Anytime - Failed to Charge!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have had Charge Anytime for a few weeks now, and other than an issue with Ovo displaying incorrect monthly £/kWh totals, it has been working great, until now!

Plugged in yesterday evening around 6pm, unplugged this morning to find it had not charged at all. Looking in the Ohme app it shows it was plugged in for the duration, but zero charging took place - which has caused a bit of an issue travelling today 😠

The schedule on the Ohme is set to smart charge to 100% by 7am, and has worked perfectly until now. Why did it not charge? Did Kaluza determine that there was no ‘green’ time to do it, so just did nothing? This is very concerning and raises serious questions about the smart charging concept going forward.  

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 March 2023, 11:15

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

That’s concerning

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, That’s happened to us mid week as well, we have an Indra smart pro charger. 
the wife just had enough charge to get her to work and back. I turned charger off at fuse box for 5 mins thinking it was the charger. I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 01/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Hi @simong @am84 thanks for flagging this. 

The reason your EV didn’t charge was not because there wasn't enough ‘green’ energy on the grid. Charge Anytime should always prioritise fully charging the vehicle for the ready-by time.

For this reason, please email the OVO Smart Home team from your registered email address so they can look into what happened: chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com 

Badge

I too have had issues. 
I have used charge anytime since July and for the first few months it has worked well. However since the weather has turned my car rarely charges, it gets sometimes an hour before it stops charging. I get up multiple times in the night and try resetting the charger by turning off the fuse but still it doesn’t charge.

the dashboard itself rarely display ‘charging next after xx’ it generally shows ‘planning your next charge’ like it cannot find any green energy to charge my car. 

i constantly have to set my alarm early in order to start urgent charge and make sure I have enough energy to drive that day. 

Jo Millin

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jomillin , as mentioned above, it’s not to do with ‘no green energy’, the system simply tries to find the greenest of what’s being generated. 
There have been a few instances of problems via certain chargers so again, it’s worth you checking with the smarthome team

Badge

@BPLightlog thanks you for the advice of checking in with the smarthome team it would be great to get this resolved

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am having the same issue. I have been using OVO charge anytime app since June 2023. Up to November 2023 it charges anytime I plug my car in as long I set by when it should be ready . Lately even if I plug in at 10am in morning to be ready by 5pm on the same day, - it will show charging will start at 23.30 and be ready 5pm next day instead of the same day. I have tried erasing the app, restarting and tried everything same issue. The only thing has changed since then was I have changed to a new iPhone. I am using Tesla charger and I never use Tesla app to set the charging times . I have always done via charge anytime app. Hopefully someone can shed some light because it is getting a little frustrating. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Rasasu , presuming that you have a compatible model 

(as your charger isn’t), then you might want to check the software version of your EV. Even if it worked previously, operation can change. 
There is a recent guide here 

Ultimately you can check with the team chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @BPLightlog - thanks for getting back to me. Yes mine is compatible car rather than charger. It could have been changed with software I am not sure although others didn’t have this issue on the Tesla forum in Facebook. I might have to drop an email to the charge anytime team to see if we can pick up something or not 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Rasasu,

I’d advise contacting chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com, they’ll be able to look into this for you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there, I have emailed OVO charge anytime team and I think they managed to identify the problem. They said I have 2 active accounts which might be conflicting with each other. Unfortunately, I am unable to erase one of the accounts because it was on my old iPhone which I have already factory reset and sold it off . I am not sure if they can manually remove that account from their side. Anyone had similar issue in the past .

thanks for all the help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

With your permission, the team can fix this on your behalf by deleting the dead account from their side. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Blastoise186 - I will email them to erase it. Love the name blastoise - guess you are a Pokemon fanboy like me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, 20+ years. And Blastoise is my favourite one. :D

Still struggling to grind Indigo Disk though to get past the fairy type gym. I think they made it too hard tbh - even my Level 88 Quaquaval is struggling despite the level advantage (yes, I know Fairy is strong against Fighting).

I would just use my box of league beating legendary beasts from previous gens… But you can’t...

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Blastoise186 - which Pokemon game is this ? I haven’t played much since the Pokemon Arceus . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

9th Gen Scarlet and Violet

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m having problems with failed scheduled EV charges using the OVO Charge Anytime app. Seems to have happened on average once in every three overnight charges since early December. The vehicle is a Cupra Born v2 (Volkswagen AG) with a Hypervolt 2.0 EV charger. (No scheduled charges are set in the vehicle or charger - just the app.) Prior to December I can only recollect one failed scheduled charge in 6 months.

OVO states "Seat internal server errors also impacting the MyCupra app" that have seen a spike in reported problems, but have yet to provide clarification about when this will be resolved.

Today I deleted a duplicate app on a second phone, and linked the vehicle to wi-fi at home to see if either increases reliability.

Anyone else experiencing problems, or received additional info from Cupra/VAG or OVO?

Userlevel 7

Sorry for the problems you’re experiencing @stephens, I’ll raise this internally. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Today I have noticed that I have been logged out from the app. I need to re add my car back to the charge anytime app. I have done that and it shows I have different account number then previous number. 

When I connected the car to charge it’s showing charging although the car is not charging. normally when I plugged in , it will show what time the charging will start at night, today it’s showing your car is charging when it’s actually not.  

I am at lost to be honest. Previously I emailed the OVO charge anytime team to remove my previous account as it was linked to my old iPhone that I don’t have anymore , now the app logged me out and when I added my Tesla I have a new account number now which shows it’s charging when the charger is plugged in although not charging. 

can anyone guide me. I have emailed them again 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Rasasu,

Sorry to hear this,

I’ve not heard of this issue before, do you recognize the account number? Is it your old/new account number? 

You’ve done the right thing in contacting the team, if you can, please pop back with an update as this advice may help others in a similar situation. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @stephens

It’s best to raise this to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com so they can escalate to Kaluza. The team advised: It could be that the Cupra keeps losing connection and is therefore disconnecting with the Charge Anytime app. We would need to escalate to Kaluza to see if the connection is being lost.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO -

That would be very helpful, but emails to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com bounce back stating:

“Your message wasn't delivered to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.”

Please provide a working contact.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi again @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Further to my message earlier, the email address did work when cut and paste from Ovo’s main website, but not from here. Guess it was Microsoft Outlook misbehaving. Many thanks. Let’s see what the team advise. I’ll repost here if the response may benefit others.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey guys, I have some update . I emailed charge anytime team and they have been very helpful. Basically, he has removed all my previous account numbers and only kept my current one. It seems to have resolved all the issues I had (he told me multiple accounts can cause conflicts in charging) 

Now it works like magic. I came home at 6pm- set the app to fully charge my car from 60% to 100 % by 10.30pm and it is doing that as per schedule. I can see the charging is working smooth so far. I will keep everyone posted later today. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The charge anytime app is working properly for me now.