Solved

Charge Anytime direct to vehicle app is charging instantly with my Mini Cooper SE?

• 4 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, been using Charge Anytime for many months now and pretty flawless (2 times failed since started using). This week though the app hasn’t updated from the car since Monday (4 days) and so it’s charging straight away when plugged in.

I’m sure it is not my cars fault (Mini Cooper SE) as its own app if working perfectly - this proves that the Mini/BMW servers are working normally.

It’s as though the app needs a ‘pull down to refresh’ function! Force quitting the app and restarting still shows status from my Mini last updated 4 days ago!

I have emailed the team but wondered if anyone else here affected or any tips to kickstart it working again.

icon

Best answer by Gary Alford 14 August 2023, 20:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Updated on 19/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Just to update in case any other Mini users had the same. Mini online accounts changed a few weeks ago - your current password won’t work, you’ll have to change it. Mini also asked for new permissions to be set up with Ovo.

Badge

When I plug in my Car using domestic socket, I open the app and it says ‘car is not plugged in’. The ‘last updated’ time doesn’t refresh automatically. I often have to take off the plug and put it back in a few times until it will update and start smart charging. Used to work perfectly when I first was using the app

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @ridwan789 ,

Sorry about that. Could you let the Smart Home Team know? smarthome@ovoenergy.com .

They can fix this!

Userlevel 7

Thanks for coming back and updating this, @Gary Alford - not sure why we didn’t get you a reply to your first post. 

So now that the mini app has updated and permissions granted, is the Charge Anytime app able to work and charge your Mini dynamically again?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes all working now. Took about a week of the app ‘stuck’ but then it reset and asked for my Mini log in username and password which were not recognised. Interestingly the Mini App worked fine as that uses face ID to log in, it was only when I tried on a web browser to access the Mini account that it said I must choose a new password as all users had to choose a new one and accept new terms.

After months of good use, Charge Anytime app seems to have lost touch with Mini Electric. Why can’t I check that the apps are linked in the app itself ?  I changed to Mini online password yesterday so that may need updating - but I can’t force the app to check …. Any ideas ?

It seems the issue with the Mini app were around a month ago and my issue only arose yesterday. It’s annoying that there is no way to check in the Charge Anytime app that it is hooked up with the Mini app successfully. The first I know about an issue is when I find that my car hasn’t charged …