Solved

Want to set up online account for PAYG

• 21 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a key that I top up but after visiting four shops to top up none of them were able to do so.

I never had a bill sent by Ovo and do not know what my account number is so that I cannot set up an account online with Ovo  You cannot register for an account online without an account number. I was on the chat app on the website and they said they would transfer me to the Payments Dept but I was then just cut off. Calling the phone line requires entering an account number too so I am stuck with no way to contact Ovo. Only way out might be switching supplier but idk if I can.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 29 November 2023, 10:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Try https://ovoenergy.com/help for Live Chat.

If you call, it’s 0330 175 9669 - press # if asked for an account number.

Thanks I will try that. 

I should have mentioned that I have no voicebox since the last few years due to an op. I have to rely on relatives to call Ovo and ask for help for me. Since I couldn’t give any verbal authorisation to access my account Ovo said they couldn’t issue me with a new key. Presumably I will have to wait for an answer to my email - they said I would get a reply within 2 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Live Chat is an option as well and it’s via the website so you don’t need to speak.

Thanks Blastoise186 for the telephone number and the # tip. My problem with Electric Key was solved.

I don’t keep a computer or mobile and so have to rely on visits to relatives or libraries before replying. I visited a Citizen’s Advice Bureau the day after my initial post and they directed me to an address where I was issued a new Key and £30 of credit as compensation for the days without electricity (my flat is all electric). Sister in law also came round later that day having been lucky on one of the calls on that number you gave us with an RTI code which would have gotten me a new key but the CAB route was quicker. Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7

Hey @PaulAbdn,

I’m glad you managed to get your issues resloved.

It might be worth thinking about changing to pay monthly so you don’t have to worry about topping up or going off supply?

The following topics may also be useful:

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.

If you’re with Boost

Got a question about your Pay As You Go energy use, top-ups, keys, cards, or anything else? Why not see if you can find the answers in our dedicated PAYG Forum category.

There are also tons of helpful resources and information available on our OVO Help pages.  

If you or anyone in your household is vulnerable, or just needs a little extra assistance at a difficult time in your lives, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful.

Struggling with your energy bills? Our Winter Support Package might be helpful to you.