Solved

Topped up my traditional meter at the shop- But money hasn't gone onto the meter?

• 2 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi hope, some one  can put  some light on this matter went to the local spare shop and put £200 on my top up key got the receipts put the key in the meter  says token accepted  but the £200 didn't  show up ?

So went to the post office  and they say that they don't take ovo top up keys  no more can someone  tell me why thanks  

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 4 December 2023, 11:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Updated on 14/12/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

If you’ve tried to top up a traditional meter but the credit hasn’t gone on, you may need to use the UTRN Code on the receipt to put the top-up through the meter manually. If you’re having issues with this you can contact the Support Team. 

This topic may help:
​​​​​​​

Hey @Sandra d 

Sorry to hear about this.

It’ll be best for you to contact the Support Team about this as we don’t have access to accounts here at the Forum.

They’ll be able to help you with this, they’ll be able to see what happened and help get that credit sorted out.

I'm needing help, currently on hold with support.

I went on to emergency on Friday, I tried to top up on the Saturday but was told that my key was no longer valid and it was due to switching to ovo. I'm down to 50p in my meter, I called this morning and was given a code to take to a pp, I don't understand how it's meant to top up as the key is no longer valid. I was also meant to get a engineer down to add credit till I'm able to get to town (I stay in remote area) the engineer had called and due to them being nowhere near me over 300 miles away I said it would be fine till tomorrow but now panicking that I won't be able to top up when I get there tomorrow. I'm sorry if I'm rambling I'm just worried that we won't have power my son had health conditions.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Wee-ez 

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you got this sorted with Support yet? 

It sounds like a tricky situation. I might recommend making a change away from pay as you go in your situation with you son having health conditions, we wouldn’t want you going off supply for any reason, so it might be worth having a think about changing to pay monthly.

I’d also like to ask if you’re registered on the Priority Services Register? If you or anyone in your household is vulnerable, or just needs a little extra assistance at a difficult time in your lives, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful.