Solved

Top Up isn't working online - what can I do?

• 17 September 2023
  • 27 replies

Can anyone help I topped up my smart/not so smart electric meter on Saturday with £10 just before it was due to run out. Well I’m

now running on friendly credit the £10 has been taking out of my bank I’ve tried entering the UTRN code but it says its already been used. This isn’t the first time this has happened to me and I usually keep putting extra money on. I’m so fed up with this I keep having to go outside to look at my balance as my indoor display never works. I’m fed up with OVO I never had a single issue with my previous supplier.

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 18 September 2023, 10:56

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @stevegti6 

I’m sorry to hear about this, I’d recommend getting in touch with the team so they can help get this sorted.

The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday, or you can call on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

I’ve also linked to some helpful topics that may be of use to you:

Userlevel 7

Hey @stevegti6,

Any updates on this?

The app is down to top up and I have 82p credit 

won’t let me activate my emergency

will my electric go? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not at this hour - Friendly Credit would activate instead.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Nicolae79 

Sorry to hear you were having issues topping up last night.

Have you been able to top up this morning? If not you can also contact the Support Team for help in doing so, here’s how you can get in touch with the team:

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Looks like the Top-Up Portal has also come back online. It should be working now.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Nicolae79,

Is this all sorted now?

We have a helpful new FAQ on the ‘friendly credit’ Blastoise was referring to: 

You didn’t specify whether you had a smart meter or traditional but the following topics may be helpful if you have any issues in future:

Hi I tray to top up my electricity  online but it not work what ca-n I do

Your only hope is to keep ringing (may have to wait till Monday). Put in a complaint too. If your meter runs out there should be an emergency £15 you can turn on to see you to Monday. I’ve been trying to get mine fixed since Thursday. Hope yours gets fix soon.  

Userlevel 6

Hey @Ioana 

Sorry to hear you were having trouble topping up over the weekend. 

Have you been able to top up now?

All contact channels are open now so if you’ve still been unable to top up, you can contact the Support Team who’ll be able to help.

I was recently moved over to ovo and topped up £30 which has been taken from my account, but it never went on to my meter. Sse are saying you have it and you are saying sse have it and it will be refunded. Can you please  rectify  this

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not via the forum I’m afraid - we can’t access systems here. You’ll need to talk to Support via https://ovoenergy.com/help .

Userlevel 7

Hey @Tanya14,

Sorry to hear this,

How did you top up? The following Topics might be helpful:

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.

If you’re with Boost

Just wondering when the scheduled maintainance will be completed.. Says scheduled yet no news about it anywere otherwise i'd of topped up earlier..

But credit running low an got teas do cook yet. Just wondering is it all payments ie online and app an shops? Or can you still top up at the shop? Any help would be greatful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Heard1989 ,

Looks like the system is back up. Can you try https://ovoenergypayments.paypoint.com/Home/index again for me?

Yep thats all sorted.. Thank you for the reply. Can go to bed easy now haha..

Usually use app on phone - latest version and have tried every way but understand there is a problem. Okay for credit at the moment but feel very anxious as I don't know when to try again - had money locked in pending at my bank recently for five days, and had to wait for it to come out to try again. Will customers be notified when problem is fixed?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Iris71,

Sorry to hear your having issues with the App. 

It might be best to top up another way in the meantime. Have you tried deleting it and re-downloading?

This topic may be helpful:

Useful links:

OVO Help Pay As You Go

For OVO Pay As You Go customers with a smart meter, here’s the online top up portal page. It might be worth using the online account to top up instead, until your issue is resolved.

If you’re with Boost

If you or anyone in your household is vulnerable, or just needs a little extra assistance at a difficult time in your lives, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful.

Hope this helps. 

thanks for the information - i had a look at the tutorial, but as my meters are both outside, the gas at ground level and electric about 1 foot off the ground, i am not really in a position to kneel down - knee injury plus age! - to type in codes and what not.  I have used the scan code to load money at paypoint onto the electric meter (joy) and the one for the gas rejected the payment (here we go again).  I tried earlier to use the app - which had previously worked for the gas - but it rejected card payment as well as bank transfer, so back to money being held at my bank for the week i guess….  I was hoping that the new cards would have arrived by now, so will have to wait till they arrive to see if both work, though i expect i will end up phoning in again to get the gas acct sorted out!  I’ve come out in cold sores on my lips with all this stress - wish i could see an end to all these problems.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Iris71,

Sorry to hear this, 

I strongly advise getting switched to pay monthly, you shouldn’t have to worry about potentially going off supply or topping up your meters.

In regards to your top up issues, if the tutorials didn’t work I advise getting in touch with the support team. 

If you’re with Boost

I called and heard a message from OVO they are aware of issues topping up Aclara meters this weekend just gone (I am in Sunderland NE) 

Has the issue been resolved yet? I am running low on EC but giving it time to see if my top up will appear on my meter soon.

Any one know when they will be fixed?

Thanks and Shalom, Gavri’el :)

I phoned today and spoke with Nicolene and I think I'm sorted - and I was able to top up both accounts so I am extremely grateful for her knowledge and experience. So grateful for her help.

Userlevel 7

Brilliant, I’m so glad to hear! 

Userlevel 6

Hey @garysimpson 

Sorry to hear about the top up issues you’re having.

We don’t have account access here at the Forum, and as this is a very account specific issue, you’ll be best to get in touch with the Support Team for some help with this one.

They’ll make sure they sort this issue for you.

Why is it so hard to top up your electricity meter with ovo there apps don't work bar codes don't work I'm having problem after problem just trying to top up my meter