Solved

PAYG Smart Meter - Can't cancel recurring payment

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I switched from SSE earlier in the year, but had already had PAYG smart meters installed. When using their app, I had set up a recurring payment for the electric meter. When I was moved to OVO Energy, I was unable to access the recurring payment on either the SSE app, and it hasn't showed up on the OVO top up app.

This has become a problem because I want to be able to cancel this payment and set up a new amount, however without being able to access it through the top up app, I'm unsure what else to do. 

I have spoken to advisors on the phone, through email, through WhatsApp, through online chat. Either they don't know what to do to help, or they suggest different things, but nothing had worked to cancel this payment.

Has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix this?

​​​​

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 29 November 2023, 11:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey @James Bird,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I haven’t heard of a recurring payment for pay as you go. If you set it up with your bank and it’s direct debit or a standing order, you can cancel that with them.

Here is more information about how to top up OVO PAYG meters:

If you would prefer to change to pay monthly you just need to contact the support team. 

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost