Solved

Does the Warm Home Discount come as a one-off payment or is it split up?

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I have received letters stating that I am entitled to the warm home discount of £150 and will receive it by 20th December.

Is the 150 in one go or split between several months, I have never had the warm home discount before and I have a traditional electric meter and not a new smart meter.

icon

Best answer by Firedog 9 December 2023, 00:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Max12BL ,

In all cases WHD is applied all in one go. How it gets delivered though, depends on how you pay.

For ALL Pay Monthly customers: The WHD just gets applied as an account credit

For SMART Pay As You Go: The WHD is automatically sent to the electric meter by default as a Remote Token Issue - unlike Discretionary Credit you won’t have to pay this back and it WON’T be applied as a debt either

For TRADITIONAL Pay As You Go: You’ll get a voucher code to take to the shop. You can use that to top-up the key/card without needing to hand any cash over - but you can also throw some cash onto the key/card in the same transaction if you want to. Using the code triggers a Remote Token Issue to be applied to the key, which in turn credits the meter with the WHD credit.

The key/card will accept the RTI regardless of how much credit is already stored on it. The meter might not suck the balance off of the key/card if it’d go over the meter balance limit though so you may need to drain the meter a bit first. We (as the forum volunteers here) recommend you drain the key/card to zero by transferring all credit to the meter before redeeming the voucher though, just to be safe!

Userlevel 7
Badge

Updated on 20/12/23 by Abby_OVO

The Warm Home Discount is £150, which will appear as a single credit on your account, with any luck this month. It might show as £142.86 + £7.14 VAT, but either way, your bill for the month with be £150 lower than otherwise.

Like Firedog and Blastoise186 have said, the Warm Home Discount is a one-off £150 discount given to eligible domestic electricity customers to help with their energy costs. It's usually paid between October and March of each scheme year. It's a Government scheme funded by participating energy suppliers like us. It’s designed to help people who need it most.

For more on the Warm Home Discount, including eligibility criteria, check out these topics below: