Solved

Why have I lost smart half hourly usage data on Daily usage section of online account?

Show first post

275 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Me too @SarahH .  For the last year or so all has been OK.  Last couple of days I get

“Looks like we couldn’t find some of your usage data

We’re missing some data for the selected unit, try another unit or period of time”

Daily meter readings (gas and electric) are getting through and shown as “Smart” on the readings tab so I am guessing it is not a comms problem.

IHD is fine

Anyone else having this issue? Next steps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi, to try and narrow down what's causing the issue can you see if the readings are showing on third party apps such as Bright? This gets the usage data from the DCC system so will help determine how far your data is getting.

Userlevel 1

Thanks nealmurphey I've just downloaded Bright, but need to wait to be verified now.

Userlevel 1

It is interesting that it the issue is with both my gas and my electricity readings and that I can still access daily readings. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, to try and narrow down what's causing the issue can you see if the readings are showing on third party apps such as Bright? This gets the usage data from the DCC system so will help determine how far your data is getting.

Ok, I've managed to find our old pipit and half hourly readings are showing on there. I guess that doesn't take it from the DCC system though?  

I'll need to wait to be verified by Bright. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Apologies for having started a separate thread on this. I didn't see this one. I too have the same issue. Lost half hourly readings for both meters two days ago.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, @nealmurphy 

Bright app shows my half hourly data for both gas and electricity for yesterday and a bit electricity (1st hour or so) for today.  Ovo shows no ½ hour data for yesterday saying

“Looks like we couldn’t find your usage data

We’ll take a look at this shortly, please try again later.”

I know Bright struggles to be completely up to date in the past

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, Bright does a main refresh just after midnight/1am and then sporadically through the day (I think you can push it if you refresh)

Looks like it's an OVO issue @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Can’t see my data on the app either…I guess they’ll sort it out!?

Userlevel 1

I'm relieved that it isn't just me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Same for me. 

Working on Bright and Loop but not on the OVO app, so definitely looks like an OVO issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Same issue for me

Works fine on Bright and Loop, but not on the OVO app, so looks like an OVO issue

Same thing is happening to me. 

Userlevel 3

It’s the same for me - and exactly the same date that this started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You can see the daily reading are at least smart rather than estimates which is good by looking at this page. 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

Userlevel 3

I am getting the same problem. My last 30 min readings were 21st September.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Eventually despite previous attempts  I did speak to someone at Ovo who understand the problem and reset the settings and yes they all returned with 30 min readings and etc.  

Finally the problem was resolved  

Thanks for this useful thread. 🙏

My half hourly usage became unavailable just after 00:30hrs on 22nd September 2022. I replaced the batteries in my device that's linked to my smart meter but having read this forum thread, feel that my older smart meter requires a software fix.

I’ve got the same problem, started on Thursday 22nd.  Both Gas & Electricity.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jeffus and @rjsimmonds,

Sorry for the issues you’re having.

Any update on this?

If it doesn’t resolve itself it might be worth contacting Support so they can do a software update? This seemed to work for @Betty

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @SarahH,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community.

I have just responded to this issue on a similar thread you commented on: 

Certainly seems like an OVO issue, I'm sure it’ll get resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime @Jeffus has some good advice.

You can see the daily reading are at least smart rather than estimates which is good by looking at this page. 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

I’ll keep you posted if I get any updates from OVO’s side.

Hope this helps. 

I have a similar problem. 20th Sept 2022 is the last day I get the daily (half hour) info. I still get the totals for each day. This is for both gas and electricity. I have an older smart meter, but up to now the data has been coming no problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Jeffus and @rjsimmonds,

Any update on this?

If it doesn’t resolve itself it might be worth contacting Support so they can do a software update? This seemed to work for @Betty

Hope this helps. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Still the same issue with OVO but not 3rd party apps. I will hold off contacting support as i am sure they have plenty of work on and i can wait.

Given it is impacting quite a few people perhaps there is a one fix that will help everyone at the same time? 

Since 21st September I've not had any daily 30min usage stats although there are day stats/month. 

Is this a known issue across the system or are we the only ones affected?

Results are the same across the app & my dashboard.

Mick

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jeffus,

I’ve reported this to @Tim_OVO and we are keeping a record of everyone that has this same issue on the Forum. 

I’ll be in touch with any further updates on this topic!