Solved

Which email address should I send my 'Power of Attorney' document to?

Can anybody fill in the spaces for customerservice.adim.         @ovoenergy.com

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 28 March 2022, 12:28

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @GA1855 ,

I’m afraid that doesn’t sound like a valid one, even with the blanks. For almost all purposes, you’ll want to use hello@ovoenergy.com . In case it helps, here’s the full list of publicly accessible email addresses OVO has that I know of as a forum volunteer:

Probably also a few more that I might have forgotten. If I remember any others, I’ll update this comment with them.

I can’t give you direct email addresses for individual employees, sorry.

I was given over the phone by a customer adviser from ovo but i cant remember the spaces

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid it’s kinda tricky, because you’re asking for someone here to solve a crossword puzzle, without any clues as to what the answer is. The best recommendation I can make, would be to email hello@ovoenergy.com and ask for the email you send to be linked to an existing case (assuming one exists). The Support Team should be able to see the record of that call and take it from there.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 09/01/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

What is a POA?

A Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows someone to make decisions for a customer, or act on their behalf, if they're no longer able to or no longer want to make their own decisions. POA are not financially liable for the account but can make financial decisions on behalf of the customer. 

Customer's may also contact their supplier with a letter of authority. These are similar but there are a few differences. POA will always be notarised, and can be used for complex tasks, whereas a LOA will not be notarised and can only be used for simple tasks. The main difference for you is that if a customer sends in a LOA, you can update the account yourself using our knowledge page. If a customer sends in POA, this will be reviewed and processed by the admin team. This knowledge page contains all the information you might need regarding POA.

POA and LOA can be sent to us by email using hello@ovoenergy.com or by post using our Bristol address:

OVO
PO BOX 5280
Worthing
BN11 9RG

Hi @GA1855 and welcome to the OVO online community,

Any open channels for our Support team can be found here, just be aware that in cases where certain documents need to be added to an account (such as Power of Attorney documents) these should be emailed directly to our admin team.

I hope this helps solve the puzzle. 😊

Please can anyone provide an email address that works to enable me to provide documents to the company. They’ve given me an email address but it’s no longer in service. It’s an investigation issue

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The only one I know of is hello@ovoenergy.com . There’s no other public email address I can give you.

Can someone please give me the correct email address for customer services? I was told to email a copy of an LPA and want to make sure it gets to the right place.

I was given this email address but I’m not sure I wrote it down correctly:

customerservices.admin.team@OVOenergy.com

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Bettyboo ,

That looks like the right one to me. If it’s wrong it’ll simply fail and bounce back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Oh wait, it’s actually customerservice.admin.team@ovoenergy.com

Sorry! I didn’t spot the extra s

Many thanks!!

Hello everyone, I need help finding out the email I can submit lasting PoA forms to? I tried to message someone in customer service but was just left in a queue for the day and then  the page closed. 

Does anyone have the email address that I would use for this? My mother has dementia and so I handle her accounts these days and I need to update information. 

Thank you very much in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @MermaidSushi ,

think it’s something like customerservice.admin.team@ovoenergy.com

Thanks @Blastoise186 , I’ve emailed that address now just to confirm with them that it’s the correct one. Appreciate the reply!! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. If I’m right, chances are one of two things will happen:

• Someone here will probably confirm that the email address is correct
  • You’ll get a reply back when the request has been completed and your access has been granted

I need to become the power of eterny of my elderly mothers OVO account - hows the best way to achieve this ??

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Miffy66 , power of attorney is a legal document which you need to arrange via a solicitor or similar service - here’s an example 

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/legal-issues/power-of-attorney/

Once you have the authority, you can then put that forward to OVO

Userlevel 6

Hi @Miffy66 

You’ve had some good advice above from BPLightlog. I just wanted to add these helpful topics for when you have the documents you can refer to these to contact the team.

I have Power of Attorney for someone and want to register this with OVO.

The OVO chat line said I could do this by obtaining an access code for the Gov. Power of Attorney Website giving OVO access  - which I have done.

I then send this code to (according to chat)

customerservice.admin.team@ovoenergy.com\n

I have tried this with and without the \n

Does anyone know how I can get this access code to the appropriate part of OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t know if this might help @Ian Sterling 

Userlevel 7

​​​Hey ​@Ian Sterling,

Really sorry for the issues you’re having, 

From what I’ve read it appears the access code is an ‘easier’ way to get the documents sent over. As the supplier can get them from the gov website with the code.

If you’re struggling to get a code, the full documents should suffice and you can email or post these in. 

POA can be sent to us by email using hello@ovoenergy.com or by post using:

OVO
PO BOX 5280
Worthing
BN11 9RG

What is required for Power Of Attorney (POA)

The following types of POA can be considered valid:

• Court of Protection / Deputyship Order
  • POA for Property and Financial Affairs (England)
  • Public Guardian (Scotland)
  • Continuing POA
  • Combined POA
  • Enduring POA
  • General POA (Not to be confused with a LOA)
  • BF57/DWP Appointeeship

For POA's registered on or after 1 September 2019 We can now also accept the access code sent by the attorney to retrieve the documents from the GOV.UK website. Access codes are 13 characters long and start with a V. They are valid for 30 days. 

Access codes

An access code is a 13-character long code beginning with a 'V'. It can be entered into the government website as a way of retrieving the POA documents.

I am not struggling to get a code - I have one - I am struggling to get it OVO

I tried the email address given to me by OVO chat and it was not a proper email address, I have then sent it to hello@ovoenergy.com and have received the email below - my email address is not registered with OVO so hello …. is not the email address to send this access code to. The account holder did follow instructions given by OVO to get me onto the account approx. 5 months ago and is still awaiting action.  

The reply just received:

Hello

This is an automated email to let you know that we’ve got your message. You should hear back from our team within 48 working hours.

Sometimes it can take us a little longer to reply – at very busy moments or over the weekend. We’re sorry if this happens. Please know that we are on the case and there’s no need to get in touch again. 

It’s worth looking in your spam folder as well, if you haven’t heard back from us. 

Please note, for security we can only respond to emails sent from the email address linked to your OVO account. If you are emailing us from an address that is not linked to your account, we'll ask you to answer some additional security questions.

If you wish to change your email address, you can do so by logging into your online account or App, and clicking ‘Account’, then ‘Update your contact details’.

Here’s what you can do in your online account and in the OVO app:

Submit meter readings

Set up and change your Direct Debit

Reset your password 

And lots more   

Help is available online

Our Help Centre has answers to all the most frequently asked questions. You can get support quickly.

Find out about:   

Bills and how they work

Your online account

Direct Debits

Smart meters

The OVO app  

Chat to our team

You can chat to us online here (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm) We’re on WhatsApp too – send a message to 0330 175 9695 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm)

Get advice from our community

Our community forum is a place where people share advice on all sorts of topics. Get useful tips on anything to do with energy, from real customers.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.   

The OVO Team

Userlevel 7

Hello @Ian Sterling

It sounds like the email has been received and someone will get back to you. The correct address to email was the hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you’d like to speed up the process you could contact the support team who can search your email address, find the code and forward this to the relevant team.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you - The Access Code has been viewed by OVO today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you - The Access Code has been viewed by OVO today.

Good to hear is it sorted @Ian Sterling 

Userlevel 7

Pop back if you need anything else @Ian Sterling. I’m glad it’s finally sorted!