Solved

Which email address should I send my 'Power of Attorney' document to?

Show first post

36 replies

Online ‘help’ still giving the wrong information out on this.

I was asked to email customerservice.admin.team@ovoenergy.com yesterday.  It doesn’t exist.

@Emmanuelle_OVO 

Can you take a minute to think that people dealing with power of attorney for a loved one may just need some extra care and signpost the way for them clearly, please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can also use hello@ovoenergy.com - the email will be routed internally from there.

Userlevel 7

Hey @ejr,

I’m sorry you were mis-advised by the support team, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Power Of Attorney documents should only be sent to hello@ovoenergy.comIt used to be the admin team email but that changed a while ago so I’ve updated all the best answers to power of attorney topics accordingly.

The advice on our internal knowledge base also signposts this email address so there is no reason for the support team to get this wrong. If you have a name please private message me and I’ll contact the agent. 

If you can find anywhere that shows mis-advise on the Forum please let me know and i’ll get this updated. 

I hope this helps. 

I’ve just spent over an hour on the phone to OVO and got nowhere with setting up Lasting Power of Attorney for my father.

I’ve given them the access code that they would use to confirm the LPA but they said they need a stamped copy of they LPA - I don’t think they even send those any more.

Once I finally got through to someone I got the impression they did not know anything about the process and they hung up on me.

Has anyone managed to set one up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eichberger , there have been a few threads on the subject. Here’s one that might help. 

If you check towards the last few posts they appear to be the most recent info

Thanks @BPLightlog 

I had read through that thread. The problem I’m having is not getting the documents to them but rather its that they are telling me they don’t accept the access codes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @BPLightlog 

I had read through that thread. The problem I’m having is not getting the documents to them but rather its that they are telling me they don’t accept the access codes.

If I remember correctly, that was what first happened last time - it might just need to be directed to the right team

Thanks @BPLightlog 

If I remember correctly, that was what first happened last time - it might just need to be directed to the right team

I got the impression I was speaking to the team that are supposed to deal with it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eichberger , I’ve asked for guidance via the moderators and the forum support team should be in touch. 

Hi @BPLightlog, thanks so much for your help.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Eichberger,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble submitting your Power of Attorney (POA) code.

For POA's registered on or after 1 September 2019, we can now accept the access code sent by the attorney to retrieve the documents from the GOV.UK website. Access codes are 13 characters long and start with a V. They are valid for 30 days. 

I’m going to have our Forum Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this.

Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.