Solved

When will Alternative Fuel Payment be paid?

• 6 February 2023
  • 47 replies

I believe I am entitled to a £200 payment made directly to my electricity account, as I have no gas supply and use heating oil. Does anyone know when this payment will be credited 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 7 February 2023, 10:53

View original

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mjpservices

The government has published the eligibility criteria, how customers will be identified and how energy suppliers will be given a list of MPAN to identify and pay customers.

The PDF can be downloaded from this page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-alternative-fuel-payment-afp-scheme-in-great-britain-guidance-for-electricity-suppliers

Payments should start in Feb but no news on exact date

I am just a customer like you. I don't work for OVO 

Thanks for update 

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/06/23 by Abby_OVO

Think you’re eligible for the Alternative Fuel Payment but didn’t receive it? 

You can apply on the GOV website here. If you cannot apply online, call the helpline:

Telephone: 0808 175 3287
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

Hey @Mjpservices,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I can see @Jeffus has already given some really helpful advice here.

Just wanted to add that I recently updated this thread with the information we’ve been given about the Alternative Fuel Payment:

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mjpservices 

There was another government announcement yesterday on the 6th Feb. Payments started yesterday, but i am sure it will vary by supplier as the target was end Feb. 

From today households across Great Britain who don’t use mains gas for heating will start receiving £200 towards their energy bills as the Alternative Fuel Payment (AFP) scheme launches. Most will get the £200 AFP automatically as a credit on their electricity bill but some customers will need to apply for the support later this month.

Nearly 2 million households who use alternative energy sources such as heating oil, biomass and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to warm their homes will receive the support which was doubled to £200 last year.

The vast majority, including many homes in rural areas, will get it automatically through their electricity supplier as a credit on their bill throughout February. A small minority of customers, such as those living in park homes or on static houseboats with no direct energy supplier, will need to apply to receive the payment through an online portal that will launch later this month.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/households-businesses-and-organisations-off-the-gas-grid-to-receive-energy-bill-support-over-the-coming-weeks

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jeffus,

Taken from the following topic:

*The Government has now confirmed details about how the ‘Alternative Fuel’ payments (AFP) will be made. This includes households without a direct relationship to an energy supplier. 

Information taken from the GOV website where you can find the latest updates on this topic

The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) are due to let us know which customers are eligible for the payment in early February, and we’re planning to start making these payments from 13 February, depending on when we receive the information from BEIS.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Emmanuelle_OVO could these 3 threads about the £200 be combined ?

I believe I am entitled to a £200 payment made directly to my electricity account, as I have no gas supply and use heating oil. Does anyone know when this payment will be credited 

Same oil as well,.

OVo have already made a government energy payment to my bank, I would have thought they would have bundled the £200 in that payment?

Will they be doing another refund payment run before the month end.

Do  customer services have the ability  confirm you are eligible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Jeffus,

Taken from the following topic:

*The Government has now confirmed details about how the ‘Alternative Fuel’ payments (AFP) will be made. This includes households without a direct relationship to an energy supplier. 

Information taken from the GOV website where you can find the latest updates on this topic

The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) are due to let us know which customers are eligible for the payment in early February, and we’re planning to start making these payments from 13 February, depending on when we receive the information from BEIS.*

The link is old @Emmanuelle_OVO

That one is from December. You have posted the old link on a few threads

There was a new link yesterday

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/households-businesses-and-organisations-off-the-gas-grid-to-receive-energy-bill-support-over-the-coming-weeks

Just wondering if anyone has received this payment yet, via their OVO account 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve not seen any reports of payments yet. Soon though… Hopefully...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Not heard anything yet

Hopefully OVO will update their page when payments start in February 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/alternative-fuel-payment

The government has stated they ideally want the payments completed by 1st March 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mjpservices 

All Alternative Fuel Payment Direct Debit refunds are due to be bulk triggered on 13-14th February for OVO and 14th-15th February for SSE. They should then take about 3 working days to land in the respective bank accounts. 

As with Energy Bills Support Scheme if a customer has been informed they’ll receive the payment but they don’t receive it, they can contact Support and this will be raised to our back office team to investigate. 

Userlevel 2

@Mjpservices

As with Energy Bills Support Scheme if a customer has been informed they’ll receive the payment but they don’t receive it, they can contact Support and this will be raised to our back office team to investigate. 

Spoke to support this morning … it seems there’s no ‘investigating’ that can be done - it’s simply a case of have you been flagged as eligible so you’ll get the payment or haven’t you, so you won’t get it automatically  …  it seems it’s then down to you to apply manually once the system is launched at the end of the month - we fit ALL of the criteria to have been flagged as eligible (detailed in thread below)- but apparently haven’t been included in the automatic process !! I suspect we are not alone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Mjpservices

Spoke to support this morning … it seems there’s no ‘investigating’ that can be done - it’s simply a case of have you been flagged as eligible so you’ll get the payment or haven’t you, so you won’t get it automatically  …  it seems it’s then down to you to apply manually once the system is launched at the end of the month - we fit ALL of the criteria to have been flagged as eligible (detailed in thread below)- but apparently haven’t been included in the automatic process !! I suspect we are not alone.

The comment from OVO was related to if you had been informed by OVO via email that you would get the Alternative Fuel Payment.

You haven't been informed by OVO. There is no investigation that can be done. You have to wait for the government to create and release the form.

As an aside the form for the EBSS for those that didn't get it automatically also has yet to be released by the government, they have had none of their £400 since October. The government haven't got a track record of being quick with these forms. You will just have to wait. 

Hi I’ve seen the £200 payment has been made more than 5 days ago when is this likely to be paid into my account? Seems odd you are not paying it straight away? Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Harvey G do you mean it’s gone into your OVO account ? Do you pay by direct debit, and what date does that go in ? The EBSS payment goes out just after the DD goes in, so maybe the £200 is the same. I think you may be the first we’ve seen!

Hello, just looked on my OVO account statement and see it now showing as a refund and guess will hit my account in the next few days. Thank you.

Hi. 

We can see that the government's Alternative Fuel Payment came into our OVO account this week, and shows as "paid" out BUT it hasn't arrived in our bank account and when I look at OVO's info and support page the payment is dated as December 2030.  I'm a bit concerned about this but OVO are advising me to wait 10 more days.  The £67 gov support shows as sent on exactly the same day and has arrived straight away. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Maybe you’ll have to wait till December 2030 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @JimboGreen ,

If memory serves, it may take a few more days to arrive in the bank. It’s worth bearing in mind that it does take up to five working days for the bank to process it! This is beyond OVO’s control, blame the banking system!

Userlevel 7

Hey @JimboGreen,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

Is this resolved now? If not, please can you respond to the following questions:

Is it showing as added as a credit to your Online Account and is it now showing as refunded? 

Did you receive an email advising you were entitled to the payment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello, just looked on my OVO account statement and see it now showing as a refund and guess will hit my account in the next few days. Thank you.

Hi @Harvey G is it in your bank account yet? 

Hi yes it landed on Saturday into my account. 

Hi, there’s no sign of mine, we don’t have a gas meter and use LPG, so I guess we are not on the list. 😪