Live billing, meter readings and understanding my online account

Show first post

133 replies

Can someone explain if todays balance Yesterday was Ā£21.09 why is todays balance be Ā£25.30 I naturally assumed that this daily balance was standard charge plus vat. As the daily balance has been incremental at Ā£0.66p daily as what my standing charge and vat should be Why should it suddenly jump today. Unless this daily balance is some other calculation I donā€™t yet know aboutĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sorry, but this oneā€™s account specific and we canā€™t touch these. Please ask the Support Team for help.

Can you tell me if a todayā€™s balance statement shown represents a standing charge and vat calculations combinationĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That much I can do. And yes, it does.

CheersĀ 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Pilgrim2,

Ā 

We donā€™t have access to your account here on the Forum. I wonder if this amount is the daily standing charge?Ā 

Ā 

Are you able to upload a screenshot of what youā€™re seeing? Please donā€™t include any personal information in the screenshot.Ā 

Unfortunately I didnā€™t take a screenshot of the previous day I just monitored it manually but my standing charge and vat works out at Ā£0.66p daily which is what it was increasing previous days so why it should just up to over Ā£3 yesterday from the day beforeĀ 

The reason for daily monitoring is Iā€™m new to OVO just been migrated from sse so Iā€™m trying to understand the system but seems something wrong hereĀ 

My understanding is that if you have a THTC meter rather than a smart meter your Todays balance which is your daily standing charge and the vat on that charge also has an estimated amount of energy added to it every couple of days Ā whereas a smart meter incorporates the standing charge , vat and the actual energy used as per smart meter Is this correct until such times as a smart meter is installedĀ 

Does OVO Energy produce or have a download of a booklet explaining a comprehensive breakdown from A-Z diagrammatically for new customers to studyĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you seen their help centre?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/help
also this might be usefulĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Pilgrim2,

Ā 

We donā€™t have access to your account, if you contact the support team theyā€™ll be able to look into this for you.

Ā 

Hope you get this sorted.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Pilgrim2,

Ā 

Good question!

Ā 

Are you able to upload a photo of where youā€™re seeing ā€˜Todayā€™s Balanceā€™ and we can look into this for you?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Pilgrim2,

Ā 

Thereā€™s also lots of helpful FAQs. Articles and Tutorials on the Forum that may be useful to you.

Ā 

If you have any specific questions, let us know!Ā šŸ˜Š

On the 3 rd balance was Ā£21.02p then on the 4 th it was Ā£25.58 the 5 th Ā£26.25 now today balance Ā£ 26.91Ā 

Ā 

Todayā€™s balance Ā£26.91p. The balance jumped by Ā£4.56p between the 3 to and 4 th yet it is 0.66p prior and now Ā between each days balanceĀ 

My daily standing charge and vat comes to Ā£0.66p daily so why can it jump by Ā£4.56 p between a consecutive day I have THTC electric no gasĀ 

I was told on helpline that every couple off day they addd estimated energy consumption to this standing charge. This doesnā€™t make sense to me as a energy consumption should be a separate charge based on what you use and the standing charge is fixed canā€™t understand why they donā€™t wait to end of billing period to receive meter readings why interfere with the daily standing chargeĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge

ā€¦ why it should just up to over Ā£3 yesterday from the day beforeĀ 
Ā 

It changes, perhaps every day, to reflect the amount of energy youā€™ve used during the billing period. The details of the current period on the Billing history page should show you whatā€™s going on, but I canā€™t tell you any more because my smart meter gives me an accurate picture each day. I donā€™t know what it looks like for those with a traditional meter.Ā 

Having migrated in august from SSE and having conventional meters why is my current billing history still only showā€™s august despite paying August-September and September-October current billing periods paid. Bearing in mind that I am THTC paying 3 monthly in the past and currently unable to get smart meter meantime. Would have thought that although paying 3 monthly in the past would still expect OVO energy to be able to produce billing history monthly and since not the case so far when will this billing history be updated will it still be 3 Monthly as with previous SSE energy provider prior to migratedĀ 

Can someone explain how you send in meter readings on your last billing day by photos from your camera. And where you send these photos too ie, do you send photos by email to customer care OR is there a link to send these photos just as if you where sending these readings numericallyĀ 

cheersĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pilgrim2Ā , you can use the chat functionĀ https://www.ovoenergy.com/helpĀ to do that

Ā 

Hi folks

ThisĀ is a bit lengthy .
As this is the first time since being migrated across sent in actual readings and awaiting current billing period to be generated to pay bill. On looking at the home page the two billing boxes shows periods August to September and September to October. I now find tapping the previous billing period ie , August to September page not found. When I tap on billing box September to October I found that the details inside this box is for the previous billing period ie, august to September. So seems that the first billing box details are now in the current bills period box is this normal for the system to function like this during the current bill generation. What makes this more confusing is that looking at home page boxes they still have the original billing period shown ie August to September On first box despite tapping page then not found and current billing box period ie, September October has that date on box prior to tapping then as stated above has august-September details in the box This seems backwards way the system/account is working do others find this also Ā Iā€™m assuming that when current billing is generated the home page billing boxes will become normal once more Ā Iā€™d assume that if the previous billing box is now Not found you would find it in the billing period but Why am I finding the details ie, charges payments etc, now in this second box seems all mixed upĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There does seem to be a bit of a glitch at the moment. It looks like some of the links havenā€™t been updated - thatā€™s not normal.Ā 
Ā 

If you select ā€˜View full billing historyā€™ (see above) that will get you back to another view which should have the correct month and detail. You can ā€˜View full detailsā€™ from there or download the bill if itā€™s available (usually there around 5 days after billing period end)