Solved

Is there a cheaper OVO tariff available if I get a smart meter?

I cannot make up my mind about getting a smart meter. I quite enjoy reading the meters every month and sending the readings to OVO via my account. Anyway, does OVO provide a financial insentive to their customers for switching to a smart meter? Is there a cheaper OVO tariff for cutomers who have elected to switch to a smart meter? I imagine it must reduce the admin for OVO to manage their customers who have switched to a smart meter as OVO doesn’t need to email their customers to ask them to provide meter readings, as well as sending round a guy to read the meter periodically?

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 14 June 2022, 12:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @TimmyP ,

OVO does indeed have one, which is the Better Smart Energy tariff. I don’t think it’s available to existing members though, but it definitely as an option for new members who switch from another supplier. I can certainly ask @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to verify for you though. :)

Hi @TimmyP ,

OVO does indeed have one, which is the Better Smart Energy tariff. I don’t think it’s available to existing members though, but it definitely as an option for new members who switch from another supplier. I can certainly ask @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to verify for you though. :)

That would be great. Look forward to reading what the OVO team have to say. Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Hi @TimmyP and welcome to the OVO online community!

Great to hear you’re interested to learn more about the benefits of going smart. Whilst we do offer a smart meter specific tariff, at the moment this is only available for members switching to OVO. That said we’d always recommend opting for a smart meter, it really helps keep your account up-to date and offers you much greater usage insight via your online account. Read more about these benefits in the guide below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 21/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @TimmyP and welcome to the OVO online community!

Great to hear you’re interested to learn more about the benefits of going smart. Whilst we do offer a smart meter specific tariff, at the moment this is only available for members switching to OVO. That said we’d always recommend opting for a smart meter, it really helps keep your account up-to date and offers you much greater usage insight via your online account. Read more about these benefits in the guide below.

@TimmyP

Just for your information, i am with ovo on the variable price capped plan. You may find you are offered the Better Smart plan when you look at your account, these are my offers below. 

Although as you can see there is no difference in the monthly cost at least for me. In fact looking at the tariff unit costs, the smart meter tariff is a very small fraction of a penny more expensive than the non smart meter tariff. 

Of course you may be offered different deals when you look. I already have a smart meter which may also make a difference to the quotes. 

You can check out all of our available plans here, as well as all of our additional upgrades available when you have a smart meter!