Solved

Is my Direct Debit increase accurate?

Show first post

61 replies

Userlevel 7

Could it have been an out of line meter read or another issue causing and incorrect Estimated Annual Consumption @RayKk?

Userlevel 1

No he didn’t say what the problem was.

I guess it helped that I put the account back into credit before calling.

I just called the normal direct debit number.

Calculator is still incorrect - but as long as they don’t change the direct debit I don’t care.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

No he didn’t say what the problem was.

I guess it helped that I put the account back into credit before calling.

I just called the normal direct debit number.

Calculator is still incorrect - but as long as they don’t change the direct debit I don’t care.

You might find they have frozen the DD at the lower level for 3 months.

So keep an eye out to see what happens 

Userlevel 1

Keep an eye out was good advice, 4 days later I got another email saying direct debit going up to £499. Account is still in credit. Annoying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Keep an eye out was good advice, 4 days later I got another email saying direct debit going up to £499. Account is still in credit. Annoying!

I did fear that might happen  @RayKk 

Try calling ovo collections and ask them if they will freeze your DD at a suitable level 

0800 069 9831

Userlevel 7
Badge

4 days later I got another email saying direct debit going up to £499. Account is still in credit. Annoying!

It’s really difficult for us to see what’s going on without some concrete data to go by. Assuming these details are available on your account pages, would you be willing to share here:

• a screenshot of your Plan page (just the contract details and prices bit);
  • the current balance on your account;
  • the date your Direct Debit is taken;
  • The calculation shown under How we work it out on the Change DD amount page; 
  • Your consumption in kWh for the past year. You can work this out by subtracting the meter reading(s) from a year ago from the latest one(s). The readings should be given on the corresponding bills.

We should then be able to work out why they’re trying to increase your DD to an unrealistic level.

Badge

HI all.

I’m two months in as an OVO customer and following the first month of EV charging using standard rate vs Anytime, OVO are suggesting a rather inflated increase in our DD. I can understand why as the first month was clearly abnormal usage.

However, I *can* log into my account, but I’m immediately greeted with the old “Provide us with your starting meter readings” message. This was done Early February and up until about two weeks ago I had the correct access and was checking to ensure our new smart meters were also sending regular updates, they were.

I now have no visibility into our usage to even have the conversation with customer services about the excess DD increase. Any ideas how I go about resolving this or is a call to CS the only option?

TIA,

Nathan

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @NathanJT ,

This sounds account specific to me, so I can’t offer much advice here. However, try Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help - it’s about 10x faster than calling. Just mention the keyword “Agent” to the bot (without quotes) and it’ll put you straight through. :)

Badge

Hey @NathanJT ,

This sounds account specific to me, so I can’t offer much advice here. However, try Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help - it’s about 10x faster than calling. Just mention the keyword “Agent” to the bot (without quotes) and it’ll put you straight through. :)

I am doing now, however they seem to think I need to provide the sales documentation for my house, purchased 23 years ago. What on earth that has to do with the issue I have no idea!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It shouldn’t be needed. Try it one more time - if that fails, let me know here. There are backup methods if needs be.

Badge

Got this sorted, well I got it escalated to the engineering team as there’s seemingly a fault with my account. If I hear anything back I’ll respond accordingly.

CS did manage to sort out the DD issue whilst I was on with them as well actually. It would just be nice to be able to check the rest of the data in my account.

Time will tell.