VLOG

How will OVO Energy be supporting customers this winter?

• 14 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hear about what we’re doing to help those of our customers who need it most this winter

Any questions or feedback, leave a comment below.

6 replies

My neice has just received a new smart meter which looks a lot different to mine which I have had for over 5 years. Do the new ones give the consumer any more information than the old ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Good evening @Mrs J P Burrell ,

Just so you know, I’m one of the forum volunteers.

As far as I’m aware, just about all IHDs give out more or less the same information. The biggest difference is really just how they show it but there’s not much else between them really.

Just watched the video that tells you what help OVO is offering this winter to people who need it most, makes me laugh as I’ve been trying to get someone to listen to me since last April, 10 months of not using gas and all I want is to have it disconnected and a payment plan of what I can afford and stick to £85 for my electric not £223 

who are they helping, if you live in a council or housing association home they do nothing and if you got a housing association that couldn’t be bothered either WHERE DO YOU GO 

very frustrated 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Fedupcustoner,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

To book in a meter removal please contact our Support Team, we’ll book you an appointment to get your meter removed, you’ll then need to contact the DNO to arrange a disconnection. The following tutorial might be helpful to you:

To arrange a payment plan please call our Collections Team on 0800 069 9831 they’re open until 5pm Monday- Friday.

Other support available for customers who may be struggling with their bills:

Customer support package and where to apply

Warm Home Discount

What to do if I can’t afford my energy bills? 

Energy Bills Support Scheme

Hope this helps. 

Hi

i applied in October and initially was flagged as being suitable for financial support. Despite chasing this Ovo seem to have forgotten this. They make me empty referrals that just waste my time. I finally received a faulty blanket and a home kit I can’t use. I’m in debt, severely physically and mentally sick and disabled and vulnerable. Ovo just treat me with contempt and give nothing but empty promises.  I challenge them and their loved ones to live how I have to and in a cold house.  It’s horrible quite frankly. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @leemcdonagh,

I’m really sorry to hear this,

I’ll get Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages.