Tutorial

How to switch between multiple accounts on your online OVO account

How to switch between multiple accounts on your online OVO account

Show first post

51 replies

Hello

How do I set up a 2nd home account with ovo? On line I can enter my details and the 2nd properties address  but the form requiers  me to enter when I moved out of my current property ( which I'm not doing). 

Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Vamatex ,

It’s actually MUCH simpler than you think. If you are NOT moving out of the existing properly, then please don’t use the Moving Home tool, it’s not what you’re after!

Instead, use https://switch.ovoenergy.com for the new property and enter the same email address and everything else other than where the supply address will be. This will be detected by OVO’s billing platform and the accounts will be linked, so you can manage them with the same login details.

Hope this helps!

Thankyou for your response but Im still getting asked for a move out date.

I used your link ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hmm… It should just work…

If you can’t do the online route, give OVO a call in the morning on 0330 303 5063. They’ll sort you out.

I will try but not easy getting through!!

The online chat also failed, as the woman said she was busy with 3 other chats and then didn't respond again.

Thanks for tying, much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries.

Let me ask @Tim_OVO and @Emmanuelle_OVO if I’m messing something up here. I’m pretty sure I’m not though!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Vamatex,

You should be able to sign up through the link @Blastoise186 has given?

Are you logged into your existing account? Maybe it’s auto-directing you to ‘move out’ of that property. Ensure you aren’t logged in.

If it’s still not working please send a screenshot of the message you’re getting? And the steps you are taking to get there.

Let’s get to the bottom of this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I can’t reproduce that behaviour at all for some reason. I’m kinda stumped tbh.

Userlevel 7

@Vamatex is the second home already on supply with OVO? You can check here

If it isn’t on supply with OVO, using the switching page blastoise linked to should allow you to get that house on supply with OVO. 

Hello

I'm still not getting this to work?

Everything is ok until the last question when I'm being ask when I moved in & out of my previous property.

Just to be clear I am looking to move supply on a 2nd home that I purchased last Friday. The propties is next door and shares a postcode. I currently use

ovo and want to swap the 2nd property from scttish power to ovo also.

I need to use bank details registered to my original house for both ovo accounts.

I have attached the screenshots that show my problem.

I appreciate that I am probably being a bit dim here & missing the obvious.

I have removed postcode & property names for security.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This may not help, but when I had two accounts running for two houses I used two different email addresses.

Hello 

I just took a punt and entered today's date as move out date and it seems to have gone through OK. 

Both properties are showing on my account albeit one is still being set up by ovo.

Still feel its a bit confusing though!!

Sincere thanks to everyone who helped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hold on a second… I wonder if the “previous” address was needed to do a credit check perhaps?

That MIGHT explain everything...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Really sorry I didn’t figure it out sooner. It’s only just dawned on me from your latest screenshots. XD

But either way, I’m glad it’s working for you now. I can definitely chat with Tim and recommend making it more obvious why the previous address is required. OVO’s Product Teams would almost be willing to consider it at least.

Leave that with me. I’ll think about the best way to suggest it.

Yes, I needed an address that was 3 yrs or more old for security.

Been inondated with welcome emails so all looks good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, sounds like you should be good from here on out.

If the new property is already on-supply with OVO, I think you’ll be activated within 24 hours at most with full control over the supply. If it doesn’t yet have smart meters and you’d like to upgrade, check out https://smart-booking.ovoenergy.com .

If Smart Meters are already in place, have a chat with OVO as to whether you want Half-Hourly, Daily or Monthly readings.

Yes I will apply for a smart meter. The property also has dual meter ( white meter) for electric storage heaters. These are off and will be removed tomorrow.

I will need to arrange a standard single standard meter.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha. That shouldn’t be too difficult. When you get onto the form, you can put notes on saying you don’t need the white meter thing anymore and a regular four-terminal meter can be fitted instead.

You will need an electrician to do some re-wiring though!

Hello - I can’t access 2 of my 3 accounts with Ovo now they’ve moved from SSE.  Account number 1 (a rental) moved in December and I can see that one fine.  Account number 2 (also a rental) moved last month and account number 3 (our own home) moved 3 days ago.  I used the same email address for all three with SSE.  I can see the advice to try logging in with your customer ID rather than your email address, but the only communication I’ve had is the Welcome To Ovo email and that only gives the account number.  I’m trying to get through on chat to ask what my customer IDs are for the two other accounts, but went straight in at number 1 in the queue and have been there for over 20 minutes now, so I’m not sure there’s anyone manning it today!  Tried downloading the app as well, but I’m not getting a choice to switch accounts on that either.  No smart meters in any of the properties (they don’t work in this village), so the ability to give readings easily would be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @CarolineJ ,

They probably just need to be linked up. The Support Team can do that if you let them know: https://ovoenergy.com/help 

Hi @CarolineJ ,

They probably just need to be linked up. The Support Team can do that if you let them know: https://ovoenergy.com/help 

Thanks - I’m trying to get through to them, but been on chat for 40 minutes so far and only had the standard ‘Hello how can I help?’ response.  No reply to my explanation of the issue.  I’ll keep trying :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

When you first launch the chat, you need to use the keyword “agent” otherwise you’ll only get the bot to respond.

When you first launch the chat, you need to use the keyword “agent” otherwise you’ll only get the bot to respond.

They introduced themselves as being [redacted] in account management, so I think I do have a real human on the other end, just a very busy one :)  I keep getting an orange ‘reconnecting’ banner and then the page reloads, which probably isn’t helping.

Userlevel 6

Hey @CarolineJ 

Did you manage to get everything sorted out with the Support Team?

Hey @CarolineJ 

Did you manage to get everything sorted out with the Support Team?

Afraid not, I put all the details I to chat and it was never responded to, or at least not in the hour and ten minutes I had it open. I'll try again tomorrow when I'll be around during their available hours.