Skip to main content
Solved

How do I get a refund from OVO when my account is in credit?

• 17 March 2017
  • 63 replies

My balance is around £400 in credit, my annual usage is around £1000.

My most expensive winter bill was less than my monthly DD.

Why do you refuse to refund?

Cancel That... Ive just persuaded it to give me £300 back

63 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Vamatex ,

Please talk to OVO about this: https://ovoenergy.com/help and they can set those up for you. We can’t do it via the Forum (sorry!).

Userlevel 7

Hey @Vamatex,

I’m sorry to hear this,

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you can see on your ‘meter readings’ page on the online account or app & we can look into this for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge

That’s a ten-year-old SMETS1 meter, but I don’t think that matters in this respect. Even though it sounds stupid, it might get you over the hurdle if you submit a reading anyway. I see exactly the same sort of thing on my app, and clicking the black button takes me to the screen where I can enter a new reading. Click it and see what happens.

Dear Firedog

I submitted a reading yesterday & nothing changed.

Thankyou anyway 

V

Userlevel 7

Hey @Vamatex,

I wonder if there’s an account specific issue going on here, maybe there’s something preventing an up to date statement from being produced? 

Have you received a recent bill? Was there an actual meter reading on it? If you’re on a fixed rate tariff, you’ll still be required to keep one month's worth of direct debit as credit in your account. If you’re on the Variable tariff you aren’t required to leave any credit on your account, although it is advisable.

Is your smart meter communicating & sending readings? The following topics might be helpful:

If your meter isn’t communicating this topic may help:

I have working smart meters on both accounts. I can see my historic hourly usage for many years upto the previous day. I can only assume that ovo can also see this info especially as they don't want a manual reading  which I sent anyway.

I've now emailed them from my one & only email address but apparently that is now not recognised by them now??

Odd as they send me daily emails regarding upgrades / offers.

Getting  tiresome now

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you’re trying to get in touch with OVO, using Live Chat or Phone is 10x faster than email, which is why we recommend those instead. https://ovoenergy.com/help 

No, my preferred option is email.

Its my choice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

While I do respect that it may be your preference, if you refuse to use other methods and your preferred one isn’t working… Then I’m afraid you’ll stalemate yourself. Sometimes, you just have to use what’s available even if it’s not your preferred option.

I strongly recommend you give Live Chat a try anyway on Monday and someone will be able to help with this MUCH faster than via email.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Vamatex,

I’m sorry to hear this. 

As our forum volunteer Blastoise has mentioned, it may be worth trying to contact the team via webchat or by phone. The team should be able to look into this further for you. I’m afraid we don’t have access to accounts via the forum so we’re unable to do this here.

Please let us know how you get on.

I have now received my refund. Thank you all for the advice.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Millie,

Glad to hear you’ve managed to get that sorted!