Solved

How do I fully disconnect my electricity supply?

Hello, Please can anyone tell me what I must do to leave Ovo and get my electric supply disconnected.

Thanks for any info.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 31 August 2022, 16:43

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Gingerchillis ,

Before I can advise, I need to clarify exactly what it is you want to do. Please confirm whether you’re looking to:

• Switch to another supplier and leave OVO
  • Move house and close your current account
  • Fully and permanently disconnect your entire supply

Thanks for replying.

Fully and permanently disconnecting my entire supply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 19/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Please confirm whether you’re looking to:

• Switch to another supplier and leave OVO
  • Move house and close your current account
  • Fully and permanently disconnect your entire supply

Fully and permanently disconnecting my entire supply.

Thanks for confirming.

In that case, please contact the Support Team and request a permanent disconnection and meter removal. It costs around £160 to do this and they’ll make the arrangements for you. 

Once the meter has been removed and the Final Bill paid off, your account will be closed automatically and any refunds issued as appropriate. You won’t be charged again after that.

Check out the price of this and all other non-essential engineer jobs below:

Thanks for the info.

Hello

My house was burned down. I dont know how many times I have explained this to OVO, but nobody seems to care. I have an outstanding case number and the account was put on hold for 180 days back in June, but again today, I am being pursued for phantom estimated bills just 115 days later. I have just spoken to Customer Service who said there was absolutely nothing they could do about it and to basically get lost. The customer service agent I have just spoken to was the most unhelpful individual I have ever spoken to and refuses to fix the issue or put me through to someone who will. 

What does it take for OVO to answer its customers?????

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @SamJones ,

I’m really sorry to hear about this. I’m one of the forum volunteers so I can’t access your account myself. However, it sounds to me like you’ve done everything you can, so I’ll see if I can get some extra help for you.

Bear with me!

Badge +1

You should raise a formal complaint.  Any Direct Debits should be immediately reclaimed via your bank as they will be invalidly raised.  Do not cancel the DD - you are I’m sure fully prepared to pay valid Direct debits but not invalid ones.  

Keep accurate notes of all contact you have with OVO dates, times names.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7

Hi @SamJones and thanks for flagging this. 

I’ll get our Forum_Support team to reach out to you about this one. Look out for a private message!

We are going to demolish an existing property and rebuild it. Before we can demolish we need to get the power supply disconnected ( currently its a over head power cable).

We then need a builders supply while the house is being rebuilt ad one the house is rebuilt the power supply connected back to the house, preferably underground this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @taffy girl . It sounds like you need to go through a few stages to get this done, including getting in touch with the DNO. This tutorial which includes a series of guides might help. 

Following my electrician’s directions, on 12th January I rang OVO to ask for an engineer to come out and remove redundant metering equipment. The person who took my call was not at all helpful and was not equipped to understand what I was requesting. The only way forward that I was offered required me there and then to pay £600. This I was obviously not prepared to do. I asked if I could speak to someone with greater authority but was told that this was not possible. I asked if I could email and was given an address. When I tried to send my email it turned out that the address was invalid. So I wrote to the complaints email given on the website. This was still on 12/01/23 and I have no response. So on 3rd February I sent a physical letter to OVO. Almost 3 weeks on I have still had no reply. I would be most grateful for advice on how to proceed.

Userlevel 4

Have you tried WhatsApp ? Granted it's not always a quick reply but they will get back to you.

Thanks, I will give it a go.

Userlevel 4

Your welcome, hopefully you can get it sorted.

Sorry, how do I do that? I cannot find anything about this on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s via this but they’re only 8-6 weekdays (9-2 Sat)

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

Apart from calling support, you can also try their media pages (Twitter/Facebook). If you need to directly discuss your account then obviously do that via a DM. 
The general email is not currently used apart from complaints but as you’ve found, that will not get a quick reply. I would try to persevere with a phone call option as it sounds like you have an unusual situation. 
This guide might also be of use

Userlevel 4

This is the way I got though on WhatsApp 

Go to WhatsApp hit this symbol 

Then press this and it should get you to this

Then type in OVO Energy.

Many thanks, but what is the number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Does the info here help?

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my%2Daccount%2D140/how%2Ddo%2Di%2Dcontact%2Dovo%2Dcustomer%2Dservices%2Dif%2Di%2Dneed%2Dsome%2Dhelp%2D5322

Sorry it looks odd - this is a link to a thread on contacting customer services