How do I contact OVO Energy?

• 13 March 2017
  • 63 replies

Show first post

63 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @EJWatts,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

Is this sorted now? If you are with OVO you can contact our Support Team who will book in an emergency meter exchange. 

If you have pay as you go please contact Boost Energy

Hope this helps. 

I lost my gas supply on Saturday and set about to find a number to talk someone at OVO but the offices were closed and there was no emergency number offered. Eventually I resorted to the web chat service which didn’t work when I entered my email address and account number. However, I eventually got it to work by NOT putting in my email address and account number! All of this took 3 hours and is UNACCEPTABLE.

Userlevel 7

Hey @EJWatts,

Sorry for the issue you had.

I’ve responded to you on your other thread:

Hope this helps. 

I have tried website with no success but MORE IMPORTANTLY I have telephoned 3 times this afternoon,  waited 15 minutes each time and as soon as phone rings I am  cut off!!!

What is the point of asking me to ring with questions and cutting me off.

Are operators paid per call answered? That would explain the brief contact and cut off.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Gwen ,

What were you trying to get in touch with OVO about? Depending on what it was, I might be able to help you here.

I have been offered by Ovo to change from a fixed £99 pm for 2 years contract to a monthly variable contract with no cancellation charges. I want to know what, on average, I would be paying per month if I changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I see. In that case, don’t take the offer. That sounds like the Energy Price Guarantee which was going to last two years, but the government changed its mind so it’ll now only last six months - and we’ve already burned up one of those six months.

Whatever minor savings you make in that time, probably won’t be worth the risk. If your fix deal has more than six months left on it, keep the fix deal as it stands now. I’m serious. You’d probably only be paying maybe 1 or 2p less per kWh on EPG, but in six months it’d shoot up again way beyond any fix deal you have right now.

This is my strongest and most honest advice. I’ve been on this forum for two years now and I try to give you advice that’s always in your best interests.

Thanks for that information.  My contract has only just started so has almost 2 years to run.. does that make a difference to your advice? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

My advice remains the same in that case. You stand to lose more with the EPG expiring after six months, than you’ll gain by any discounts within the six months. I’d still recommend keeping the fix deal because at least your rates are guaranteed locked in.

I’ll ask @Jeffus for a second opinion though, juuuuuuust in case.

Using WIndows 10 and Chrome - can’t use the message web chat - old previous chat not clearing from my screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @docdj ,

You should just be able to start a new chat by typing another message. The history is retained so you know what was said previously. :)

Hi, is it actually possible to speak to a human in the UK accounts team? I am calling 0330 303 5063 and have three options - 1 and 2 just offer to send me a text message which I do not want and option 3 just sends me through to the collections team in South Africa, which is unable to resolve my account query. I have paid a bill on an Unoccupier account after moving into a new house and cannot get OVO to recognise that payment after just short of two months trying to do so. Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @BilboBaggins ,

You can get through. Simply don’t choose any options.

Will try that - thanks. Would be helpful if they advertised that technique ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It is advertised pretty well, as long as you listen for long enough.

Has anyone managed to speak to a person at OVO. After waiting on hold on the phone, then requesting a WhatsApp conversation which never appeared and finally starting a messenger conversation in which, I was number 802 in the queue, I held on until I was number 63 and finally at 7.53pm no more messages appeared to tell me whereabouts in the queue I was. Complete waste of time. I haven’t had my £66 knocked off my bill or credited to my bank account, has anyone else had this payment yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

How do you pay your bill @Susanne Allcroft ? Is it by direct debit? If so what date does that go through?

I pay by direct debit on the 28th of the month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You’ll need to wait until around the 5th November for it to process in that case.

Does OVO reply to emails sent to hello@ovo.com as it seems from the auto acknowledgement it does not 

What email address can be used as this is my preferred method of contact as it is impossible to get through on the phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

OVO moved away from email some time ago. Contact methods are here

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

You can also send a private messages on the ovo twitter or facebook page. The ovo staff their have access to accounts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @mrobb14 ,

It seems @Jeffus already answered your question. However, I’d like to chip in as well.

The email address hello@ovo.com has never been valid. OVO used to accept emails to hello@ovoenergy.com but this has been disabled to allow agents to refocus on MUCH faster contact channels. You can no longer send emails to OVO.

As mentioned in a previous comment, https://help.ovoenergy.com details all the current contact options.

The only problem is that the hello ovo address is still published 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Where is it still published? We’re able to let someone know so that it can be fixed.

If you can post links, that’d be especially helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The only problem is that the hello ovo address is still published 

If you post a screen and link to the OVO website where the email address is still displaying i am sure OVO can fix it