Solved

How can I submit a Feed in Tariff or Smart Export Guarantee reading?

• 24 December 2017
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

For the third quarter I haven’t received email requesting FIT reading and I haven’t yet received payment for reading submitted Dec4th. SSE were so good at this will OVO ever sort themselves out?? Attempts so far to contact by phone or chat or email unsuccessful, but will persevere!

Userlevel 6

Hi @felixovo 

I’m really sorry to hear this is ongoing for you.

I’ll have the Forum Support reach out to you to help get this resolved as I know you’ve been having difficulties for some time now. 

You should receive a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well here we go, sadly predictable.  I moved my fit account from Scottish Power to OVO this was a slow frustrating experience.  Now my first quarterly reading is due to be submitted.  I didn’t get the promised reminder and link to submit them.  I used the fit team email address and submitted photographed readings.  I got the familiar response I have received many times, basically we are very busy and will get to you sometime never.  I am sick and fed up of being treated like a second class citizen despite doing his bit in reducing carbon emissions by having solar panels. I have had them for 8 years and have regularly had difficulty getting money for electricity I have supplied to the grid.  It culminated in my payments being stopped all together last year. This resulted in the ombudsman finding in my favour and me jumping ship. Unfortunately it seems I landed on the Titanic.  I am going to give them 7 days to respond positively then I will submit an official complaint at the first opportunity and after the necessary time has elapsed I am going to the ombudsman again.

Userlevel 6

Hi @SRF 

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having with that, I do know it can be a tricky situation sometimes and you’ve not been alone in these same situations.

Hopefully the team do pick that up soon but you can also speak to our team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so. They’re able to take the reading and submit it for you too.

If you’re still having trouble, please let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well as predicted I am getting no where.  I contacted on the number you gave me. First of all I was told I didn’t have a fit account,  Then after 40 minutes my account was magically found.  I t was then my fault for not submitting a meter reading when the account was set up. When I quoted from an email received from Scottish Power that as soon as OVO let them have a meter reading my account would be closed and they would make a final payment.  I received this payment so they must have had it.  I wasn’t able to speak to a supervisor so I made an official complaint and I have been given a complaint number. I really am frustrated. I for see a long battle to get money owed to me.  Life is too short to have these battles 

Userlevel 2

Hi @SRF,

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience with your FIT account.

I’m going to have our Forum Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this.

Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much, I am 74 years of age and I am not really up to these constant battles. I felt drained after today’s experience.

Userlevel 1
Badge

After a long journey I have had an email which confirmed that the fit readings I submitted in March have been accepted.  This was after I was first told I had not got an account and then told I had not submitted initial readings when I opened my account. So after a process I started in summer last year I am looking forward to receiving money for electricity I have fed in from my  solar panels.

I am still at a loss as to why this is such a difficult process. I jumped through every hoop put in front of me and there were many.  I am waiting for my money and when, hopefully, it arrives I can put this whole sad affair behind me.  Thanks for the response I received from my initial post (which I can't find) Just getting something of my chest helps.

Userlevel 6

Hi @SRF 

Thanks for sharing this, I know you’ve had a tricky time with it all, so I’m glad to see you’ve finally made some kind of progress with the matter, I’m sure if there are any others in similar situations, it’ll be good for them to see they will have the same issue resolved.

Keep us updated with the rest of the process and that you get the money through. We’re really sorry again for the trouble you had trying to get this sorted out initially, but glad to see you’ll be able to put this all behind you soon.