Solved

How can I submit a Feed in Tariff or Smart Export Guarantee reading?

• 24 December 2017
  • 32 replies

Where can I access the OVO FiT reading submission form as the links in the e-mail I have been sent do not work?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 5 September 2022, 12:20

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 28/08/23 by Abby_OVO:

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble submitting your latest export or generation readings in to the Feed-In Tariff (FiT) or Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) team.

If you’re only with OVO with your feed in tariff (FiT) arrangement, you won’t have access to the OVO online account portal

However you should be able to do this via the automated email you receive quarterly. If a link isn’t showing on the email we sent, or if you never got the email, our main Support team are able to add this to an internal form on your behalf, which will get sent to OVO’s FIT team. You can send over the reading (and a link to this topic if need be) via online chat

If you need to contact the FiT Team by phone you can call them on 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the information, but I suspect like me those who have only had their FIT reading transferred from SSE do not have an OVO Account number and therefore cannot create a MyOVO account.

Userlevel 2

*Picture removed by moderator as it contained personal / contact information*

This received this morning 1st March 2023 - doesn’t bode well for my December 2022 quarter payment which is now overdue and coming up to 9 weeks (“you’ll be paid about 8 weeks after the end of the reading month.”)

Userlevel 2

As received this morning (edited to remove personal info). No correction received as of 18:00 today 1st March 2023. Comment as above - doesn’t bode well for my December 2022 quarter payment which is now overdue and coming up to 9 weeks (“you’ll be paid about 8 weeks after the end of the reading month.”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

As received this morning (edited to remove personal info). No correction received as of 18:00 today 1st March 2023. Comment as above - doesn’t bode well for my December 2022 quarter payment which is now overdue and coming up to 9 weeks (“you’ll be paid about 8 weeks after the end of the reading month.”)

Be interesting to see if this gets fed back to the FIT team and if they send out another message. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for flagging @P50WKB, I’ve passed this on to the feed in tariff team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

OVO posted this in response to a question a couple of days ago in case it helps

Just so you know, the FIT team processes readings, statements, and payments at different times of the year, I’ve included their processing times for you below:

Spring
Take/Process readings: March
Statements sent: End of April
Payments sent: End of May

Summer
Take/Process readings: June
Statements sent: End of July
Payments sent: End of August

Autumn
Take/Process readings: September
Statements sent: End of October
Payments sent: End of November

Winter
Take/Process readings: December
Statements sent: End of January
Payments sent: End of February

Userlevel 2

Oh dear - this really is not good enough. I said that the incorrect email described above didn’t bode well for my December 2022 FIT being paid on time as it is already overdue…….and now you tell me that Statements are sent end of January and Payments end of February.  So far no Statement received in January and no Payment received end of February and nothing in the Bank Account today 2nd March. 

My reply to Emmanuelle in early December 2022 :

“email and photo to fits@ovoenergy.com on the 2nd December, reply as below on the 5th December and seemingly from a real person not a bot ??. Just wish that OVO paid as quickly as SSE did.

Hello,
Thank you for providing your FIT reading(s).
This has now been added to your account and we will use this to calculate your next payment. Your statement and payment will be processed around 7 weeks after the end of the read month.”

So the FIT Team can’t say the information hasn’t been received. As I mentioned at the time I am not talking Solar quantities here - this is a wind turbine FIT payment (9,950 kWh) so several thousand pounds is now overdue. 

I’m sending the March (or Spring as it’s now defined) FIT reading tomorrow - I sincerely hope that the FIT team process improves dramatically to achieve payment by the stated end of May. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Oh dear - this really is not good enough. I said that the incorrect email described above didn’t bode well for my December 2022 FIT being paid on time as it is already overdue…….and now you tell me that Statements are sent end of January and Payments end of February.  So far no Statement received in January and no Payment received end of February and nothing in the Bank Account today 2nd March. 

My reply to Emmanuelle in early December 2022 :

“email and photo to fits@ovoenergy.com on the 2nd December, reply as below on the 5th December and seemingly from a real person not a bot ??. Just wish that OVO paid as quickly as SSE did.

Hello,
Thank you for providing your FIT reading(s).
This has now been added to your account and we will use this to calculate your next payment. Your statement and payment will be processed around 7 weeks after the end of the read month.”

So the FIT Team can’t say the information hasn’t been received. As I mentioned at the time I am not talking Solar quantities here - this is a wind turbine FIT payment (9,950 kWh) so several thousand pounds is now overdue. 

I’m sending the March (or Spring as it’s now defined) FIT reading tomorrow - I sincerely hope that the FIT team process improves dramatically to achieve payment by the stated end of May. 

Just so you know the source, the information was posted by an OVO employee a couple of days ago on Trustpilot in response to an issue raised by a customer. 

Userlevel 2

Now I’m confused.

Surely OVO Management does not consider Trustpilot to be an appropriate platform to announce Company Policy on any subject, let alone one that has considerable financial implications to both client and customer ? I can only assume that the OVO employee referenced was neither authorised to make such a declaration nor accurate in the presentation of the FIT Team’s business process……….but either way, where does that leave the many customers expectations of timely payment ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Now I’m confused.

Surely OVO Management does not consider Trustpilot to be an appropriate platform to announce Company Policy on any subject, let alone one that has considerable financial implications to both client and customer ? I can only assume that the OVO employee referenced was neither authorised to make such a declaration nor accurate in the presentation of the FIT Team’s business process……….but either way, where does that leave the many customers expectations of timely payment ?

Userlevel 2

Jeffus,

Thank you for that insight.

Notwithstanding official word from OVO’s online account product team that there’s not enough FiT/SEG Customers to justify building FiT/SEG Online Account functionality, it’s a pity Emily and the Team (assuming Emily isn’t the singular Team Member) didn’t have the functionality and foresight to send a copy of the FIT Team Process to all the FIT Generators - it would have saved a lot of time and unnecessary queries for everyone. However, I still am mystified that OVO would utilise Trustpilot to be an appropriate platform to announce Company Policy.

Meanwhile, I will “reach out”, or maybe just ask 😄, the Team at fits@ovoenergy.com to see what reason the Process can conjure up to explain my missing January Statement and my missing February payment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Jeffus,

Thank you for that insight.

Notwithstanding official word from OVO’s online account product team that there’s not enough FiT/SEG Customers to justify building FiT/SEG Online Account functionality, it’s a pity Emily and the Team (assuming Emily isn’t the singular Team Member) didn’t have the functionality and foresight to send a copy of the FIT Team Process to all the FIT Generators - it would have saved a lot of time and unnecessary queries for everyone. However, I still am mystified that OVO would utilise Trustpilot to be an appropriate platform to announce Company Policy.

Meanwhile, I will “reach out”, or maybe just ask 😄, the Team at fits@ovoenergy.com to see what reason the Process can conjure up to explain my missing January Statement and my missing February payment.

Emily is an OVO staff member working on Trustpilot by the look of things, not a member of the FIT team. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have been trying for several days to submit my SEG reading after receiving the usual OVO request. On clicking on the submit reading space I am taken to a web page asking me to contact by email.

This I have done and receive an automatic reply about SEG and how to apply and how long it takes.

Now what can I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If needs be, you can do it by phone on 0330 303 5063.

Userlevel 2

If that were possible it would be marvellous and tantamount to a miracle - when you finally get through the 2 minutes of preamble, you are advised that the office is closed due to an emergency !
All I am trying to do is get my 

Outstanding “Summer period - Take/Process readings: June; Statements sent: End of July; Payments sent: End of August”……….FIT payment.

So I wouldn’t hold your breath Nick.

IM having the same problems. Submitted in  july (right for SSE  my prev supplier) and told should have been june and Id missed it. Submitted in sept not yet paid. trying to submit Dec reading and failing totally . have tried at least 5 phone numbers and chatbot all useless What now??

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hm, Blastoise186, I have tried that, what can be more simple than someone in the IT dept fixing a glitch/bug in a system that previously worked OK or set up a dedicated email address for submissions.

I am not being awkward but I can do nothing more to help myself by using every solution that OVO, for whom I have a lot of time and admiration for, suggest.

The other answers in this thread seem to have had a similar problem. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Nick Challacombe  @felixovo @P50WKB 

Sorry about the issue you’ve all had submitting the export reading.

I reached out to the team about this as a few of you have been having the same issue and they did confirm that there was an issue with the phone line that did have an impact, this has now been fixed so you can call up and give that reading if you’ve not done so already. They also said there are no other reports of issues with the link to submit, so @Nick Challacombe they’ve suggested giving it another go.

Let us know how you all get on, and any issues I can take those back to the team.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have read my meter and am now on chat line as the meter has 3 readings as if I am on dual rate.

If I add the first two together they agree with the third reading but there is no way of entering them on the site.

I think it is now being sorted remotely. Thank you

trying to phone in reading again, after automatic preamble, when i press 1 for feed in tariff line just goes silent  no prggress!

Userlevel 6

Hi @felixovo 

I’m sorry to hear that. 

You should be able to speak to our Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so. You can also get in touch with the right team via their contact email of either; fits@ovoenergy.com or seg@ovoenergy.com.

Check out more on this topic below:

Managed to supply Dec reading on that number at last. Now just waiting for September payment delayed from June when OVO took over from Sse

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have moved my solar panels to OVO. How do I submit readings?

Userlevel 7

Hey @SRF,

Brilliant news about your Solar Panels 🌞

You should be able to do this via the automated email you receive quarterly. If a link isn’t showing on the email we sent, or if you never got the email, our main Support team are able to add this to an internal form on your behalf, which will get sent to OVO’s FIT team. You can send over the reading (and a link to this topic if need be) via online chat