Solved

Daily, weekly and monthly usage cost data is missing from online account and app?

Show first post

113 replies

Userlevel 7

There’s a few of these cropping up, @Kittykat59 - often temporary drop ups come back and all missing data is updated. What’s yours showing today? 

New smart meter health check form is now live to help with communicating issues: https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com/

Userlevel 4
Badge

Regarding my comment earlier about having lost my half hourly readings, I raised an issue with Ovo and they sent me a list of questions. Having returned that I’ve now got an email from ‘Kestrel’ an agent to say that I’ve been put on half hourly meter readings and these appeared  yesterday but not any of the missing dates. So my account, which was somehow transferred to daily readings, has now been restored to what it was for the past seven years. My meter is a SMETS 1 which is still not on the DCC system so having a SMETS2 meter or being on the DCC is not a prerequisite for half hourly readings.

I’m assuming this is ok now so thanks for your comments and information.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the update, @Peter E. Yes it makes sense that the missing half hourly data isn’t available if your meter had been changed from half hourly to daily. Not sure why that would’ve happened though. 

Your smart meter is due to be moved to DDC’s systems by the end of the year so heads up, during that time there may also be some communication drop offs. You can check the status of your meter here

Mine is the same.  No daily costs since August. Haven’t changed anything. Noticed a statement buried in the app saying daily costs aren’t available and they are hoping to introduce this feature ??  Clearly a bug, but trying to reach Ovo is hopeless. 

I tried ringing ovo yesterday, a option came up to chat on WhatsApp. I know it's not the same as talking to someone but it was quick & helpful 👍

my OVO app shows me the usage data on a daily basis in terms of kWh for gas and electricity but will no longer show me the daily cost as it did before Dec 2022, 
my IHD is still working and my smart meter is still sending data to OVO so I’m at a loss as to why the cost data is missing. With prices having shot up, it’s really important that I can keep track of the daily cost of the energy I’m using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There have been a few reports like this @Paulfeb15 but the option seems to return in a number of days time. 
You can do a quick calculation yourself in the meantime by looking at your kWh charge rate and your usage

Its been like if since start if December and I'm checking daily but no change

Userlevel 7

Hey @Paulfeb15,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

Are you still being ‘live billed’- Is your account balance changing daily according to your smart meter readings? 

When you check the Online Account does it show daily cost data? Have you tried deleting and re-installing the App and running any updates? 

I’d advise contacting Support if the cost data doesn’t return. 

Hope this helps. 

My bill is correct but I would like to see daily charges but can't see daily cost. I've deleted the app a few times with no luck. I tend to log in via online rather than the app but that does not work either 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This might not be an app issue, it sounds like an account-specific issue. Try letting Support know

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Worth checking your tariff details are still correct on your plan page

I expect they are if your bills are working

https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

I had a problem not showing cost, only kW. I did contact ovo & they were very helpful. Probably took a week but it sorted itself without me doing anything. But now my in home display has stopped working, it keeps say not commissioned. Any ideas?

When checking my usage on my account online, it will only show the KW data when I switch to the cost tab it says data unavailable.

Any ideas?

Regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

Please bear in mind it’s Christmas Day, so we won’t be monitoring the forum much!

You can’t get Costs under the Daily tab because that’s half-hourly data, please use the Monthly or Yearly tabs instead.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kevan,

Do you know what model of In Home Display you have?

These tutorials may be helpful to you:

Make sure the IHD is plugged in as near as possible to the meters. If this doesn’t help, you may need to contact the Support Team to re-open the connection between your IHD and Smart Meters. 

Hope this helps. 

My daily monthly yearly usage costs have disappeared from my app. I contacted Ovo last week. They sent some sort of a signal to reset and they reappeared for about 24 hours but have now disappeared again. I’ve contacted Ovo twice since, both times a reset signal being sent but it hasn’t worked.  I’m told to wait 24 hours for it to to work but it doesn’t. Anyone else had this and how was it resolved. 
thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Could you show us photos of the meters please?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kaycos,

Sorry to hear this,

Are your meters in communication with us? 

photos of my meter photos of my meters if that helps. Thank you. 

Yes they are in communication. The kWh data is available but not the costs. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kaycos,

Sorry to hear this,

If the issue persists you may need to contact Support who can raise it to our tech team. 

Mine has also disappeared. I’m online with OVO at the moment but all they are doing is assuring me I’m being charged

I know I’m being charged but I want to see when I’m using energy so I can reduce where possible

Userlevel 7

Hey @davehutch63,

Sorry to hear this,

I’ll keep an eye out to see if anything is raised internally as a wider issue affecting customers. In the meantime please follow my advice above to contact Support. They can raise this to our Tech Team.

Hope this helps. 

Since switching to ovo the online app does not show your daily usage in currency it shows it in kwh which i aint got a clue how to convert that into currency also its not showing my usage for gas only electric why are they making things so difficult the SSE app was 100 times better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Daily Tab = Half-Hourly. Please use the Monthly tab if you want Daily data