Solved

Can I change to a pay as you go meter prepayment meter?

can i change to a pay has you go meter

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 22 August 2022, 18:05

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @daisydog09 ,

Changing to Pay As You Go is a big commitment with a ton of risks, and I’d strongly recommend that you tread carefully as it may not be in your best interests to do that.

If you still want to go ahead, please talk to the Support Team on 0330 303 5063 and they can discuss it with you and help you to decide if it’s appropriate.

Is there a charge to vet a prepayment meter fitted first time 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Hewister ,

I’m one of the forum volunteers.

Just a couple of things to check as this helps us give the right advice.

• What’s the reason you want to have a Prepayment Meter?
  • Does a meter of ANY kind already exist? If so, please provide photos
  • Do you have any kind of equipment that requires a constant supply, or any medical conditions? I don’t need to know what those medical conditions are, just if you have any!
  • Are you already on the Priority Services Register?

Thanks!

1 is no Bill's 

2 no meter want one fitted 

3 yes medical condition 

4 yes on priority service 

I want a prepayment fitted save not having a bill pay as you go wanna know is there a charge to be fitted 

Ps I have a smart meter pay direct debit 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha, thanks!

Under these circumstances, I wouldn’t recommend a Prepayment Meter, nor a Smart Meter in Prepayment Mode.

You’d be much safer with a Smart Meter in Credit Mode and either paying the bills via Fixed Direct Debit, or via Pay On-Demand. Prepayment Meters/Tariffs are rarely suitable for those with medical conditions.

If you still want one anyway, it is free but I don’t think OVO or Boost will be keen to fit one given what you’ve told me.

The machine takes about 9p for the night plus when the debt sorted which is I dispute at mo cos saying used 12536.664 kWh in three months or like said before jumped in day 

My electric is 3.054 my gas is 8.654 for a year above is it I'm supplying  the whole of my street to be fair this reading jumped in a day thanks for you quick response 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Can you show me a photo of that machine please?

On above is exact usage tells you smart meter for july to October but look saying used and total that why in dispute 

Can you see the smart meter device and the charge dont add up 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I see. You don’t need a new meter installed. You already have a Smart Meter.

Try these links, they’ll be more helpful to you.

https://ovoenergy.com/winter-support-delivery/sign-up

https://ovoenergy.com/payment-support 

I’d also recommend talking to the Collections Team to freeze your direct debit reviews for now. If you haven’t already, please ask OVO to raise a Read Dispute with SSE regarding your transfer reading. That should resolve this issue.

You do NOT want to go onto Prepayment under these circumstances.

Blastoise thanks quick reply I strong suggest you go into energy company cos your quick k response on here I'd first class  customer service thank for advice .y friend and yes I've read a dispute already in place but not ask them go freeze the direct debit set up be on this monday 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Haha, thanks.

If I did that, I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to continue being on this forum as it relies on me having an independent status.