Skip to main content
Solved

Can I be sent a paper bill for Proof of Address even if I normally only get them by email?

• 28 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I need an original paper gas or electric bill to use my council's recycling centre. How can I get these? Bills I print off myself are not accepted

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @davidhowes36 ,

If you need a paper bill copy to be sent out, please talk to OVO directly via https://ovoenergy.com/help . I’m afraid we can’t arrange that from here.

Userlevel 3

I needed this recently, and the person at post office said I could walk into my bank and walk out with everything I needed in a couple of minutes. Much faster than waiting for mail.

(I found my drivers licence, so didn;t test this)

Userlevel 7

Updated on 08/01/23 by Abby_OVO

It tends to be black and white printed/photocopied ones that they don’t like.

If you download a bill as a PDF and print it in colour, then they have no way of distinguishing it from one sent through the post. (Fold it like you would to put it in an envelope).

If you don’t have a colour printer then simply put the PDF on a USB stick and take it to a friend, the library, the Post Office, etc, to print it in colour there.

Like joanx also mentioned, you can go into your local bank branch, this is something I’ve done myself and most banks will be happy to accommodate the request.

Blastoise186 also mentions another method of contacting the Support Team, as they can also post out a copy of a previous bill by post if needed.