Solved

£66 government energy bills support scheme deducted from my OVO account balance not added?

Can anyone explain what’s going on here?

Opening balance was £335, we used around £90 worth of electric/gas combined (£66 government payment was taken off this, hence the £22 charge), I paid £150 so by my reckoning the balance should have gone up by around £125.

It hasn’t though - they seem to have then deducted the £66 again.

Does anyone know why? Do I need to contact them or will it right itself?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 7 October 2022, 21:02

View original

655 replies

Why have you taken all my government grant out of my acc and the bill at the moment is still 7 days to  the billing date plus my meters are smart so you have been paid on ah daily basis 

I’ve received 2 days ago +£66 - added to my credit. Now today they took it as OUT! -£66 as “refund”!!!

Marta 

thats wen i got mine two days ago will give them 48 hrs to get this resolved if not i will take ah civil action and be better of in the long term 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you’re paying via Direct Debit, OVO is ultimately sending the money back to your bank account. It’s being done this way for transparency reasons so that you can see where it’s going.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Marta 

thats wen i got mine two days ago will give them 48 hrs to get this resolved if not i will take ah civil action and be better of in the long term 

I wouldn’t recommend that. It’ll end up costing YOU money when your court case ultimately falls apart.

Marta 

i have spoke to them its been put back in ur bank 

u Will receive it in 72 hrs there are going to put on the form 

Userlevel 2

Morning all, quick question.  I was over £370 in credit and now I am just over £300 in credit, it says £66 refund on the app, how is this a government payment if I'm paying it to myself, any ideas ? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Nt69 !

Could you check to see if this line is somewhere in MyOVO/OVO Energy app?

The government decided to make the EBSS discount a rebate rather than a direct discount. You’re welcome to pay it back in if you wish.

Userlevel 2

Yes mate, just found it. Does that mean it's already taken off ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup. It’s already been processed for this month.

OVO wants to be transparent about it all, so they made it so that EBSS shows up in your OVO account balance first, then triggers an automatic refund back to your bank account in a separate step. Technically, it’s the easiest way to make it work!

Userlevel 2

Ok, cheers

Userlevel 7

Hi @Marta,

Please see my reply on this similar thread:

Userlevel 3

Why has £66 be taken from my account?? As far as I was aware I pay the DD like normal then a few say later I get £66 in my bank account. My balance should stay the same.

So why is my balance £66 less?? They can't use my own money to put in my bank. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @nordiclaura 

Look at your Charges! You’ll see £66 was also credited to your OVO account and then refunded back to your bank. You’ll see it surface again within five working days.

Userlevel 3

Nothing there. My balance has decreased by £66. 

Userlevel 1

Yesterday’s I was £135 in credit presumed they have put in £66. This morning I was £71 in credit now £66. Now none of it is adding up. Waited on the phone an hour to then be hung up on. So it looks like they added it taken it on then added a charge of £47.90

Userlevel 3

Hi @nordiclaura 

Look at your Charges! You’ll see £66 was also credited to your OVO account and then refunded back to your bank. You’ll see it surface again within five working days.

Nothing there. My balance has decreased by £66. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Are you sure?

Check https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-details

You’re looking for this. Specifically the line entry Energy Bill Support Scheme

That -£66 actually means you got a bill credit for £66.

Userlevel 3

Are you sure?

As I have said numerous times my balance has decreased. My balance should not be touched to pay the government scheme refund. My balance should remain the same and £66 into my bank account. 

Hi there, has anyone received their first £66 government energy Support payment only to have it removed/taken back out the next day?

I can see from my account it went in yesterday and today it has been taken out of my credit, so I’m a little confused.  

Userlevel 3

For clarification this thread Is NOT solved. 

Userlevel 1

Are you sure?

U are taking money from peoples account to which is in credit to put in our bank account which is ALREADY ours!!! So ur not giving us a refund. Sort it out properly 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The same solution has been accepted by something like 20 other forum members today.

I also do have the ability to mark any thread as solved, but I can tell you now I didn’t use that power in this case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @bkkc ,

You’ll see it back in your bank account in a few days time. Don’t worry!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Are you sure?

U are taking money from peoples account to which is in credit to put in our bank account which is ALREADY ours!!! So ur not giving us a refund. Sort it out properly 

That’s not the case at all. The £66 you paid in yourself is still in your account. The £66 that got refunded is, in fact, the £66 EBSS rebate.