Solved

Solis app not showing any details other than energy produced since we installed the solis inverter?

Show first post

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jay1464 , your tariff and smart meter can’t interact with your inverter but it’s interesting to see the changes. Having said that, the graphic from the app suggests very low grid draw - top right (which is what you would expect at this time of year).
There have been a few people ask about updates recently - is the app (or cloud via pc) up to date? Solis did provide an update a while ago. 
Others have been able to reset their inverter .. I’ll try to find their posts

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The reset suggested by another user was: The settings changed were first turn off the grid first and then go to internal ep settings and then look for consumption option and toggle it.  Also go to 24h option and enable it. Finally Turn the grid on.

And depending on the spec of your unit, there’s a manual here https://www.solartex.co/tienda/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Solis-Mini-1kW-DC-Manual-Usuario.pdf

Badge +1

Thanks for the responses. I followed the instructions and togalled the epm on and off. This then brought up a warning saying the epm was limiting export. This indicates to me (after a bit more googling) that the inverter can't see what the house is consuming because the house value on the diagram is generally mirroring what the generation value is. I therefore think the inverter is not getting a correct reading from the CT clamp. I will try calling Solis but the CT clamp on the incoming power cable appears to be wired into the fuse box so I'm not sure how easy it would be to replace?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There have been a few issues where the CT clamp is connected in reverse. If you can post a photo, that might be something we can check

Badge +1

Hi and apologies for the delay responding. Attached is a photo showing the direction of the CT clamp on the inbound live cable after the meter. Excuse the Harvi that has its own different CT clamp. So in this image it's connected with the arrow pointing towards the meter

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So the flow direction of the CT (shown by the arrow) is pointing towards the incoming feed and not the house load. That is the correct orientation I believe. 
I did find this from Solis 

There are also other threads here which might be useful such as 

This is the flow (and connection) for the epm 

https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/pdfs/solis-export-power-manager-manual-.pdf

Badge

Hi, Good day, I would like to ask. Is this diagram applicable only to hybrid setup? I have on grid setup, and I ask my installer why I don't have this diagram in my solis app. He told me that this is only applicable for hybrid with batteries. I just want to confirm with you guys. Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, Good day, I would like to ask. Is this diagram applicable only to hybrid setup? I have on grid setup, and I ask my installer why I don't have this diagram in my solis app. He told me that this is only applicable for hybrid with batteries. I just want to confirm with you guys. Thank you very much.

As a complete system, yes. You can see the battery in the bottom left hand corner so if you don’t have batteries you won’t see that. 
But you should have visibility of the consumption, solar yield and any export. 

Badge

Hi again. I would like to ask if there are 2 types of solis inverter? CT type and metered type?

I asked our solar installer why there is no diagram of load consumption on our solis app. He told me that our Solis-1P5K inverter is a CT type inverter which only show harvest and doesn’t show load consumption like diagram above. Unlike in metered type inverter which shows the diagram. Is this true? TIA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yeahertz , it sounds as if your installer is changing his story.

I have on grid setup, and I ask my installer why I don't have this diagram in my solis app. He told me that this is only applicable for hybrid with batteries. 

most inverters are monitored and CT connected. More often than not, the CT is used to measure the house consumption so that the inverter can adjust its output accordingly. 
The manual for the unit is not useful for information about the monitoring app but it does mention it 

https://www.solisinverters.com/global/1p_inverter3/34584.html

There is also an email address for Solis so it might be good to double check with them. 
As far as I’m aware, Solis use their app to monitor and display all aspects of the solar system so I’m baffled as to why it wouldn’t show the extra detail. I’m presuming that your system has a WiFi dongle connection? (That is optional).

Edit: I found the Solis cloud manual. Although it’s not simple to follow, it does have all the details. If you look at P16, you can see the monitoring screen and I can’t find anything to note about not supporting your inverter. 
There is a video looking at the app if you have 10 mins to spare 

Badge

Hi @Yeahertz , it sounds as if your installer is changing his story.

I have on grid setup, and I ask my installer why I don't have this diagram in my solis app. He told me that this is only applicable for hybrid with batteries. 

most inverters are monitored and CT connected. More often than not, the CT is used to measure the house consumption so that the inverter can adjust its output accordingly. 
The manual for the unit is not useful for information about the monitoring app but it does mention it 

https://www.solisinverters.com/global/1p_inverter3/34584.html

There is also an email address for Solis so it might be good to double check with them. 
As far as I’m aware, Solis use their app to monitor and display all aspects of the solar system so I’m baffled as to why it wouldn’t show the extra detail. I’m presuming that your system has a WiFi dongle connection? (That is optional).

Edit: I found the Solis cloud manual. Although it’s not simple to follow, it does have all the details. If you look at P16, you can see the monitoring screen and I can’t find anything to note about not supporting your inverter. 
There is a video looking at the app if you have 10 mins to spare 

It's sad that I cannot maximize my inverter and my installer doesn't idea regarding my concern. As I checked also there is no data of EPM. I don't know why.

I wanted to configure my inverter but can't be, because i'm away from my house, i'm just monitoring thru the app and I don't have much idea regarding solar. Anyway, I will try to email/contact solis. Thanks everyone.

Badge

@BPLightlog Aftter changing some settings in the solis inverter I am able to see the data in the cloud but it looks the data is incorrect. I suspect it is showing whatever actually consumed as imported.

Hi @pumpkin,

I'm also facing the same issue, could you please tell me what settings you has been done for getting this view?

Userlevel 7

Hey @najmsaqib,

Do any of the Youtube videos or manuals provided by @BPLightlog help? If not, let me know and I’ll tag other Community Members with Solis.