Installing a tado Smart Thermostat - easy yet difficult - looking positive and already helping

• 2 October 2021
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I am not sure that tado has the same concerns about the climate as the rest of us.  This suggestion from the app (it varies the wording slightly from day to day) seems at odds with the OVO philosophy.

Turn up your heating?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Turn up your heating?

Interesting to see Tado measures humidity. I didn't know that. Good to know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

There are alternatives to Tado such as genius hub where you can have a temperature sensor for a hot water tank that transmits the actual temperature to the genius software. 

https://www.geniushub.co.uk/

Depends on what features you are after. 

I hadn't looked specifically for features. I wanted to dip my toe in the smart home arena, and OVO had the offer on tado. That also links through with my OVO account. 

I am no expert but the Tado always looked like a reasonable set of features for the money (especially with the ovo discount) and the integration with ovo seems like a good added extra to me. Good to hear how it is working in practice. 

I do like the way you can add Tado TRVs so you can in effect create something like a multi zone heating system with a single zone.

I think it is fair to say there are differing opinions about whether to use something like Tado or a boiler manufacturers equivalent (e.g. Bosch Easycontrol or the Valiant equivalent) and even more mixed opinions about using things like Tado with heat pumps rather than a heat pump manufactures control offering.

We are pretty good about tweaking our manual TRVs and thermostat but i can imagine the Tado is really good to get to know more about smart tech for relatively little money. 

Looking forward to hearing more.