News

Are you part of an OVO Smart Home trial? Request to join our private trialist group!

Are you part of an OVO Smart Home trial? Request to join our private trialist group!

Show first post

197 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @juliamc ,

You should now have access. I’ll ping you in the welcome topic.

Userlevel 4
Badge

OVO ‘Smart Home Trial’ private area is live!

Have you successfully applied to take part in one of our Smart Home Trials?

Yes I am part of the trial and enjoying our heat pump! Look forward to engaging and sharing 

Userlevel 7

Yes I am part of the trial and enjoying our heat pump! Look forward to engaging and sharing 

Done!

Have a look for an email as I just tagged you in a post there. 

Or go here, and see the ‘Smart Home Trials’ category (the one with the padlock :lock: )

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just as a heads up.

I’ve had one or two members mention that while they were approved for access, they don’t have access for some reason.

If you think you’re one of these members, please let us know! In particular, if you ping Tim a PM, he can double check. If you’ve reached out to me, I can also summon a moderator to get you a key as well.

Hi everyone,

I’ve got an 8kWh Powervault. Just waiting for the sun to shine! :sun_with_face:

Still no grid services in my schedule, but I’m not complaining!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Had our Daikin Heat pump installed and some radiators replaced just over a week ago. Although we have heat and hot water it hasn’t gone smoothly as there are some outstanding issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Wow!… you don’t say @SandraAA !!

There’s a very active Treehouse Area discussing “issues”.

Access is by invitation to Trial Members and others who understand the technology. So I’m going to tag @Tim_OVO here and ask him to let you in asap.

Once there, start in the section called Welcome to the Smart Home Treehouse and say “Hi”.

Then go to “My Equipment Installed for Heat Pump Installation - what's yours?” where you’ll see other Trialists giving basic background details (and photos) of what they’ve had installed.

Userlevel 7

I’m going to tag @Tim_OVO here and ask him to let you in asap.

Done :blush:

Hi @SandraAA, the link to the private Treehouse area (that you now have access to) is, here

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi there

Just had ASHP installed under your scheme (thank you) and keen to join the community

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Jamesnorthway !

Access can indeed be granted, but first you must cross my palm with silver and reveal the truth that is the secret password. The question that reveals the password is… Who is the moderator who last posted in this thread?

With one truth, you may pass… :wink:

With two you may know more… :sunglasses:

Three, commands me… :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Brilliant @Jamesnorthway 

Excuse me whilst I just deal with a @Blastoise186 :face_palm_tone1:

Let’s tag @Tim_OVO and get you in the Treehouse with the rest of us.

Userlevel 7

Access can indeed be granted, but first you must cross my palm with silver and reveal the truth that is the secret password. The question that reveals the password is… Who is the moderator who last posted in this thread?

With one truth, you may pass… :wink:

With two you may know more… :sunglasses:

Three, commands me… :smile:

:joy:

I was going to see if @Jamesnorthway got this, but then 

Let’s tag @Tim_OVO and get you in the Treehouse with the rest of us.

Spoiler alert! 

James I’ve given you access when I first saw your comment, I’ve now tagged you in a topic in the private area. Use the email notification to navigate to it, or see the ‘Smart Home Trials’ area here

Hi, I am part of the Zero Carbon Heating Trial. Please can I be added to the dedicated area?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @SallyP !

@Tim_OVO has already gone home for the night and I don’t have the ability to grant you access myself. But I’ll make sure to let him know that you’re waiting. In the meantime, please feel free to explore the rest of the community. We’ll be here if you need a hand!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @SallyP and I hope to meet you in the Smart Home Treehouse tomorrow :slight_smile:

There’s been quite a lot of discussion between other Trialists about the need to have their homes well insulated and draught-free, whilst still retaining adequate ventilation. As a result I posted some ideas about ventilation strategies.

That subject has now been expanded on further in a separate Topic here on the main Forum called Ventilation in your home.

So that’s something you can see tonight until Tim opens the Treehouse for you in the morning.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

We had a Diakin ASHP installed a while ago through the Zero Carbon Heating Trial, and Iwould like to join the private area!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @JMB !

I’m Blastoise186, one of the forum volunteers. While I don’t have moderator rights, I do have the power to summon someone who does.

I’ve sent up a flare to ask @Tim_OVO to get you set up. Once you’re able to access the private area, you’ll see a new category appear on the homepage.

You’ll also be able to access it via https://forum.ovoenergy.com/smart-home-trials-146 .

In the meantime, please feel free to explore the forums and see what else we have to offer. :)

Userlevel 7

@JMB - you now have access, so have a look at what @Blastoise186 said above and check out that Smart Home Trials area!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, @Blastoise186 and @Tim_OVO!

Hi. I am part of the Zero Carbon Heating Trail and have had my heat pump installed.  Please can I have access to the private area.  thanks

Userlevel 7

Hi @alexb - that’s done for you now, you can now access the Smart Home Trials area!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Would really like to be part of any of these trials, how am I able to apply please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey there @rajan !

Are you already on any of the trials by any chance? As far as I’m aware, there’s none that are currently open to new applicants right now, but I think there’s more planned soon. They’re all usually listed over at https://www.ovoenergy.com/smart-home and OVO usually aims to announce when new trials are launching and able to accept sign ups.

It’s possible that this one might open up soon, but I’m not quite sure just yet. I’ll double check with @Jess_OVO and get back to you.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Cheers for the quick reply @Blastoise186 

Have a kaluza smart + charger, tons of smart home tech and took part in a virtual interview with Monica at OVO Research recently where I mentioned I'd be really interested in any battery storage, solar power, heat pump etc.

Signed up to the first battery storage trial a few years ago but think that was only to a limited area not in London and never heard back.

Would be great to have the opportunity to take part in any of these other trials @Tim_OVO  @Jess_OVO  if possible please! :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha. Then it might be possible to grant access, but Tim will need to check first.

However, now that you’re here, please do feel free to explore everything else we have to offer. The forums are a great resource for tons of stuff and is led by volunteers such as myself. If you ever need help with something, you’ll almost always get an answer if you stop by. :)