Solved

Applied for OVO's smart export guarantee (SEG) - how long till it's set up?

Show first post

58 replies

Userlevel 7

We’ll be getting to that complaint, @sijulien and you’ll be getting paid for any feed in tariff generated / exported energy. Thanks for bearing with the team whilst they get this sorted for you. 

Incidentally if you did move to a different feed in tariff provider that wouldn’t stop us from sorting out the account and sending you payments that covered the duration from the last time you got a payment with your old provider to the time when the new provider takes over. 

Thanks Tim. I am still in a form of limbo as I do not have an account to migrate from. I lack the confidence that you would be able to sort things out as you indicate given the response to date. I would be delighted to learn things are moving on but …

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Wondering if anyone has recently had their SEG approval and how long has it taken?

Submitted ours on 27th April and still waiting. Called the SEG team today and was told ‘they are taking a very long time’!

Hi I’ve waited 3 months so far. Service from the SEG team, which appears to be outsourced is shocking. Difficulties with language and interpretation. OVO a leading supplier of energy in the UK and you offer a service that is exceptional in one way. Appalling bad. I think the best thing for anyone thinking of applying for SEG with OVO is to change to another supplier. I have seen messages like this going back for over a year in OVO forums 

Hi @robbo75 

Did you get your issue sorted in the end?

Hi is anyone else getting mest about with there feed in  tariff application. We applied back in February have had conformation email but still haven’t received are account . Now they are saying that we have to reapply . This means we may lose out on the electricity we have allredy supplied them . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The feed in tariff finished quite a while ago. You would need to apply for the SEG. 
Also not sure why you’ve posted this as an idea

It’s not an idea it’s an issue, didn’t know where else to  post it !

Userlevel 6

Hi @Rodh 

Sorry to hear about this.

We don’t have access to this on the Forum so you’ll need to get in touch with the team. 

You can get in touch with the right team via their contact email of either; fits@ovoenergy.com or seg@ovoenergy.com.

Alternatively, you can speak to our Team by calling 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

We’ve recently been advised that a smart export guarantee (SEG) applicant is only eligible for SEG once an export supply number (MPAN) has been created. As soon as that's been done we ask the customer for an opening reading which is the point they will be paid from. Unfortunately we cannot make payment for anything exported before then.

At the moment there’s a longer time frame than usual for applications and emails to the SEG team. Any customers still waiting to be set up may wish to cancel their SEG application with OVO and re-apply elsewhere as a different supplier may be able to register them quicker. It's not ideal by any means but unfortunately we can't process any quicker than we currently are.

I’ve linked below to a couple of similar topics that may also be helpful to you:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

I first applied in July 2022 but was missing my G98.

I had hassle getting my G98 and finally obtained it myself after a phone call to my DNO and it arrived by email in April 2023 five minutes after my call.

I sent it off and have been waiting ever since.

Last week, I was invited to resubmit my documents as detailed in my other  thread.

So, in conclusion, don’t hold your breath!

Get an aircon unit and a heated electric towel rail and use as much of your generated electricity as you can.

Regards

Ladyrose