Shining Light Award

Are you "Shining Light" on greener living?

• 2 November 2021
  • 36 replies
Are you "Shining Light" on greener living?

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 7

Congratulations to our latest Shining Light award winner, @Firedog 🔥🐕

This Plan Zero Hero has been instrumental in helping to improve OVO’s online experience, identifying issues with various parts of the OVO website so we can get it raised and fixed.

They’ve also shared great ways to visualise energy usage over time, tariff prices per payment type, and shared ways to access your own raw smart meter usage data via JSON trickery. 

This topic has accumulated over 7000 views:

Shining a light, or helping households keep their lights off overnight:

Thanks for being here, @Firedog 🔥🐕

Userlevel 7
Badge

Userlevel 7

60K points has been breached. This is not a drill. 

June’s ‘Shining Light’ award has to go to @Blastoise186 

🏆

As of 15/06/23 60,000 points was earned by:

• 63 topics
  • 6588 comments
  • 278 solutions
  • Lots of ‘Likes’
  • and more...

Top 10 topics from @Blastoise186:

49k views

16k views 

14k views

13k views

7.6k views

7k views

6.4k views

4.7k views

4.5k views

2k views 

That’s 124,000 visitors to these 10 topics alone. With 63 topics and 6588 comments in total, that’s a lot of people seeing your content. Thanks for being a shining light @Blastoise186, it wouldn’t be the same without you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Are you sure the numbers are right? XD

Userlevel 7

HA did I mistaken number one? I bet that never happened on top of the pops

Userlevel 7

I’ve been waiting for them to get to this point for a few weeks, but it’s now happened. 

@BPLightlog has climbed to third place in the all-time points leaderboard, just under the 20k points mark. 

Whether you value OVO Forum points or not, these points are the easiest way to visualise the help and support that a forum member has provided another member. Helping lots of people always makes you a winner in my book, so BPLightlog you’re our ‘Shining Light’ for this month. 

Let’s take a second to outline what ~20,000 points look like:

• 22 topics
  • 1830 replies
  • 98 solutions !

Content highlights? I can think of a few:

This really should have more views. It’s the best content we have on third party usage data apps:

Over 6000 views for this one:

Some first hand experience sharing that is invaluable to anyone looking to decarbonise their home:

Thanks for hanging around here, @BPLightlog. Even if you decide to move on, you’ve left your mark and it’s there to help others long into the future. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well that’s a surprise - I don’t think I post much at all and there’s lots of key contributors like Blastoise, Jeffus, Firedog to name just a few. 
The forum is around 6 years old I think? So I’m amazed I’ve got to that point. 
Most volunteers here combine to give really helpful advice so I’m happy to be part of that, and will continue but maybe less frequently as my switch is done .. just waiting for those pesky meters to re-sync 😂

Userlevel 7

Amazing work @BPLightlog!

Userlevel 7

Another congratulations is in order, for the OVO Forum’s MVP and top scorer @Blastoise186. They hit the 70,000 points mark whilst I was away. Well done Blastoise186! 

With 352 best answers and views to their topics exceeding 100k, they’re a true shining light. Same as last time for the voucher preference? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup :)