Skip to main content

Hi,

I am in the process of switching over to Ovo from SSE. I am on the priority service register and SSE have a dedicated careline number for Vulnerable customers. 

My question is, does Ovo have a dedicated number similar to SSE so I don't ring customer care, I can just contact "Careline" number, just for Vulnerable customers. 

Many thanks in advance for any help

Tracy 

Sorry ,don't know. I do know you have a long wait before they answer and take ages to get back to you with repeated questions.

Hi @Caino1978 ,

As far as I’m aware, I don’t think there is one right now, but it could potentially happen. I think this is in scope for an Idea, so would you be happy to post it as one over here?

In the meantime though, you do have the option of using live chat with OVO, which doesn’t exist with SSE (or at least, never seems to be enabled anyway).

By the way, depending on how you’re switching from SSE to OVO, you might need to sign up for the Priority Services Register again, which you can do here. If you’ve chosen to switch manually by yourself, you’ll definitely need to do this, but if you’re being automatically migrated then your existing PSR status should come with you.

Hi @Blastoise186 

I am being migrated automatically by SSE, I was hoping things would be the same. I find it much easier talking to someone as then they can understand about my issues just by hearing me talk, and help sort things out for me.

If it is like what @ducassos says and a long wait, I would be too anxious and hang up. I really hope a number can be sorted out for a dedicated team. SSE did say that Ovo do have similar service, when I ring it will be same people as a they have dedicated staff for different areas of the country.

I think I will ring SSE Careline tomorrow and ask them what I am to do as I am getting anxious just the thought of changing anyway, and then to think I won't be put through to "Careline" service who deal with PRS customers is making me even more anxious.

Tracy 

Updated on 26/04/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

If you or anyone in your household is vulnerable, or just needs a little extra assistance at a difficult time in your lives, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful.

There are also tons of helpful resources and information available on our OVO Help pages.  

Struggling with your energy bills? Our Support Package might be helpful to you.

Hi @Caino1978 and thanks for posting this. 

For you or anyone else asking this question, there is currently no dedicated contact number for ‘Careline’. However, we do things differently to other companies, and its called ‘account management’. It’s a new way of doing things, where groups of customers have a dedicated squad of zero carbon living advisors, including team members with technical backgrounds, coaches and more. It’s a self sufficient team, meaning there’s no passing you round from one department to another. When you call our Support team, you’ll get redirected to your dedicated squad. 

The hope is that there’s never a need to call, as our squads will be managing your accounts proactively, fixing anything that crops up, making contact with you if anything needs to be shared. It should all be proactive, it should be managed for you.  

This is being rolled out this year, so not all our customers are part of this yet.

It’s good to hear you’re already on the Priority Services Register. 

Hi @Tim_OVO 

Many thanks for your response. What I worry about is the changing of my direct debit, when an annual review was done, they didn't take into account that I had new storage heaters fitted and they were set to come on at 8am and be on all day. Now when it got around 3pm all the stored energy has been used and I was then being charged to keep the heat one during the evening when it was colder. I didn't notice this until I got a quarterly bill for £300 

I have since changed the settings and the heaters from Jan -March before I turned them off, I was billed half of what I had been. 

Now I worry about how I can get that across properly, and not have my DD put up to £120 month when I live in a one bed flat. They wouldn't know how much this is impacting me mentally if I just do a chat session.

I know it sounds stupid but any change worries me and can make my mental health and as a result physical health alot worse. 

I just hope I'm able to get the support and not get emails and letters saying my DD is going up and that I can't change it, when I can't afford it. 

Tracy 

Well, I guess it’s sufficiently public that I can talk about this now.

I was actually involved with the account management trials for quite some time (and I think I’m still on it now) and boy does it MASSIVELY improve the experience! It might not be a Careline as such, but in my experience it’s pretty close.

@Blastoise186 

Thanks for the reply, knowing that an actual customer is saying how good this service runs for those Vulnerable customers helps massively. Helps me to feel less anxious about the change. Thanks so much again @Blastoise186  

Who at OVO deals with vulnerable customers? and do they have an email?

Regards

Tim Israel

Hey @Tim0548 ,

It’s the same teams that handle everyone else. The phone number is 0330 303 5063.

However, if you have declared being vulnerable via the Priority Services Register, this gets flagged to the agent as soon as they answer, even before they say anything.

OVO’s Support Team may also mark your account as belonging to a potentially vulnerable member if they have reasonable belief that you might be in a vulnerable situation that may need extra support.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/priority-services-register

https://www.ovoenergy.com/register-for-priority-services

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Feel free to pop back at any time with any other questions. 

Hey @Tim0548,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I can see our helpful community members have already recommended the Priority Services Register which offers free additional services for vulnerable customers.

Just wanted to add a number of other support options available:

Customer support package and where to apply

Warm Home Discount

What to do if I can’t afford my energy bills? 

Energy Bills Support Scheme

Energy Company Obligation

Pop back to the Forum with any other questions you may have, we’re happy to help 😊

Hope this helps.