Solved

Charge Anytime with Indra smart charger issue? I plugged my car in this morning and it charged straight away...

Show first post

27 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

My Indra charger does the same - it charges more or less immediately I plug the car in. 

I queried this with the Smarthome folks at OVO on 15 May and and got this response :

I have checked your Indra Kaluza Ops console and I noticed that you have correctly set up Ready-By Time:
Monday 06:45
Tuesday 06:45
Wednesday 06:45
Thursday 06:45
Friday 06:45
Saturday 09:00
Sunday 09:00

The small downside of Charge Anytime via charger is that it does not recognize your current battery capacity and it treats as a 0%, hence an instant charge. 
This is a known issue, but please be assured that Charge Anytime 10p/Kwh is still being applied to your charge. 

I followed this up on May 16 with a query as to when the issue will be fixed and was told:

Let me assure you - you have done nothing wrong. Your set up is correct and how it should be.

Charge Anytime Add On product is in early stages of release we are working hard in the background to fix the issues we have picked up since release date.

I am afraid I would not be able to advise you when this would be resolved, but Technical Team is aware of the the issue.

So go figure!

Userlevel 7

Updated on 09/02/24 by Abby_OVO

Hi @SCdF @MikeyB and others who have an Indra charger and were wondering about the instant charging. 

Please be advised that it's not so much that charging will always begin straight away but that when Charge Anytime is linked to the Indra charger we don't have visibility of the current state of charge of the vehicle in the same way we would if Charge Anytime was linked direct-to-vehicle.

The Indra Charger will work out when to start charging based on how long it's been since the vehicle was last plugged in, rather than the vehicle's exact state of charge. This means charging may begin sooner than is necessary based on the vehicle's exact state of charge, to ensure the customer's vehicle is always fully charged for their ready-by time.

Charging may still begin some time after it's been plugged in, depending on how long the vehicle has been unplugged, when the ready-by time is and current grid conditions.

Charging beginning straight away will not affect the customer's 10p Anytime charging rate so long as they've not used the 'boost' function. So with that in mind, when the charging begins isn’t really something anyone needs to monitor, unless the vehicle is not fully charging for their ready by time.

Hope this helps!