Solved

Charge Anytime Credits- How long to appear on account?

Hi How long do it take for Charge Anytime credits to show up on your account ?

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 1 May 2023, 14:47

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Updated on 15/02/24 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Hi @Grandstrike and welcome to this customer forum. The credits bit is detailed in the terms and conditions https://www.ovoenergy.com/terms/charge-anytime-terms

extract …

4. Charge Anytime Credit 

4.1 All electricity you use will initially be charged at the normal unit rate you pay for your OVO Energy plan – and these rates will be reflected in your live balance and on your bill, along with your normal standing charges.

4.2 In the first working week of each month, you’ll receive a credit based on how much of your total electricity usage in the previous month went into charging your EV (as calculated by the Kaluza Flex Platform). This will be your Charge Anytime Credit. 

Hi thanks for the welcome an quick reply. 

Hi, I charged my car using the Anytime charge app last night, set to be completed by 7am. However when I got up and looked at my smart meter, it was showing that I had been charged at the standard 32p pkw instead of the 10p rate. Can you think of anything I'm doing wrong.  I've registered my car and the app changed to recognising that the car was charging. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You’ve done everything correctly. The reduced rates are applied as an account credit later, but will still show initially as the original rate.

Hi Thanks for the response, i assume you see these credits/savings by on the "savings" tab on the app. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have a similer problem, everything is working, it chages at anytime and is ready when i need at the time I set in the morning. BUT after 3 months of use my bill does not show a credit. I acknowledges that I am on the correct rate but against the EV anytime credit it reads Zero.

Who can I ask?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have a similer problem, everything is working, it chages at anytime and is ready when i need at the time I set in the morning. BUT after 3 months of use my bill does not show a credit. I acknowledges that I am on the correct rate but against the EV anytime credit it reads Zero.

Who can I ask?

Thank you.

Have you tried the Smart Home team @Nick Challacombe ?

Its a concern that you still don't see any credits. My missus watches the smart meter like a hawk and she'll soon be fed up of seeing these high prices every other day! I wonder why ovo don't do an overnight rate like Octopus go instead of all this faff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its a concern that you still don't see any credits. My missus watches the smart meter like a hawk and she'll soon be fed up of seeing these high prices every other day! I wonder why ovo don't do an overnight rate like Octopus go instead of all this faff.

It’s the way the tariff works @Sirus67 , using low carbon energy slots to better use renewable generation. That’s not something overnight can guarantee 

Do you see your credits come through ok?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No, I see the government credits and the interest credits but against the OVO anytime it reads 0 . It should be 33.4 - 22.4 x number of units used on anytime which in my case is all the power my EV uses as I never boost.

Thank you.

Who can I ask?

Thank you.

Have you tried the Smart Home team @Nick Challacombe ?

Have you tried smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No, thank you I have never heard of it, will do so now and revert.

Hi, have something slightly baffling. We have Charge Anytime. However, the credits we see on the Charge Anytime App, apart from part of month 1, do not appear on the electricity invoices. Any ideas on what could be wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @John H 5 not sure how long you’ve had Charge Anytime but presumably you’ve seen their explanation about how the credit is shown?

Just about 3 weeks into using Charge anytime. Can anyone tell me when i should expect the credit paid into my OVO Account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just about 3 weeks into using Charge anytime. Can anyone tell me when i should expect the credit paid into my OVO Account.

If you look at the post before yours there’s a note about that

I seen that so credits should be in for what I used in September by the start of next week.

Badge

I’ve been using Charge anytime EV since August 2023, and have successfully connected the App with Audi Etron; meaning the connection is live and detailing my monthly saving. 

The problem is that to date, I’ve not received any credit/rebate on my OVO account.

I have called OVO over 10 times, with numerous emails. The conversation appears to always be the same in that they first advise that they do not have a department that deals with anytime EV, and once I finally find someone that is willing to help ( usually within an hour on the phone) I'm advised that it will appear on my next bill. Which never does. 

Ive contacted the following numbers/contacts to no avail:

Online Chat
0330 303 5063
smarthome@ovoenergy.com

Who do I speak to, and who resolves this for me ?

Userlevel 7

@Blanc88 I’ve offered some help with this on your other post here