Solved

Audi Q4 not charging with Charge Anytime app

• 2 January 2024
  • 56 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so this seems to be a problem with Audis after doing some research. I have a project ev charger and after doing through all the options I can’t get the app to charge via the smart charge. So annoying. You connect it to the car, the app says it’s connected you tell it when you want it charged by and it does nothing all night. Even when you press for an urgent charge it doesn’t work. Contacted the support email, not much help to be honest. Anyone sorted this problem out? 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 2 January 2024, 17:39

View original

56 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ian222 , that sounds rather frustrating. 
If you’re not getting an ‘urgent’ charge, it might well be something to do with the charger as that setting is supposed to charge immediately. 
Can you test that at all?

Just to be clear, when did you join Charge Anytime?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not sure how I can test that. 

all works fine if I delete the anytime app and just plug it in direct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not sure how I can test that. 

all works fine if I delete the anytime app and just plug it in direct.

If you mean via the charger, that suggests that the charger is working ok. Presumably you’ve looked at the guide 
As you mention, there have been other reports of Audi being problematic with Charge Anytime recently. Have you had a response from the support team chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Ian222 If you haven't already you could try checking with Audi to make sure you have the latest software in your car.

Also try setting a very short time on the OVO Anytime app to see if that triggers a charge but I suspect not given what you have said so far.

Has it ever worked for you with the OVO Anytime app?

It does sound like it might be an Audi issue but that doesn't really help you much.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes I have contacted the support and they have given me things to check which I have done and all seem fine. 

I have setup a finish time closer to the current time but it still says charging to start at 11pm. 

it does start to smart charge but only briefly and then turns off. Maybe 0.4 kw

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is what I get, 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Currently charging now but urgently. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes I have contacted the support and they have given me things to check which I have done and all seem fine. 

I have setup a finish time closer to the current time but it still says charging to start at 11pm. 

it does start to smart charge but only briefly and then turns off. Maybe 0.4 kw

It is very difficult to know just how many customers are seeing issues from time to time given the forum only gets a subset of users at the best of times.

The fact it starts charging means it is at least doing something.

It isn't just Audi, there have been some Ford Kuga customers recently for example having issues and considering switching to a simple tariff like Octopus Go.

Although certainly the forum isn't overloaded with Anytime queries so it is not a widespread issue.

Difficult to know when to call it a day and try another supplier.

It is unfortunate OVO doesn't at least have a simple overnight tariff for EVs, even if it was more expensive.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah very true pal. I may have to leave if it doesn’t get sorted out 

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is what I received. Not sure what that means in the first paragraph. You can’t connect to the anytime app via my Audi app. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ian222,

I’ve asked the team if there is any more advice they can offer, I’ll report back 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is what I received. Not sure what that means in the first paragraph. You can’t connect to the anytime app via my Audi app. 

@Ian222 

Was that from Audi or OVO?

Have you done all the steps in the table?

Userlevel 1
Badge

From OVO. I have done as much as a

i can. Not all apply

Userlevel 7

Hey @Ian222,

The team will reach out, they’ve advised:

Unfortunately here the issue is the Project EV charger. Charge Anytime works by us pausing the car charging and then sending a prompt to resume. This needs the charger to be in a state of 'ready to charge'. Unfortunately while the car's paused the Project EV chargers seem to go idle and stop offering charge. Then when the car tries to resume charging the charger just doesn't offer any. We suggest making sure the charger software is upto date. They maybe able to experiment with setting sooner Ready By times at off peak times of day, but there's a likelihood it just won't work and they'd need to change the charger to use Charge Anytime.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so that kinda makes sense why it’s not charging. To test that I will set a charge time via the car to start at night and if it charges then it can’t be the charger. As that way it bypasses the anytime app. 

Userlevel 7

Keep us posted @Ian222 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still doing some tests, last night was a better night got more charge out of it but still not perfect. There is a setting in the wall charger app which denotes to smart charging but I can’t get it to turn on yet. I will update when I do. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Ian222 

Definitely sounds like a step in the right direction. Do keep us posted on how you get on. 

Badge

Great thread and really helpful.

I have been facing same issues for my A6 TFSIe - Audi App is working fine, my HIve Charger is working fine (even reset it) and the car recognises that the charger is connected and that it is waiting on scheduled charge but nothing happens.

The app reports that it is waiting for the charger to be plugged in.  If I delete the app will this allow me to test direct charging?

No response from OVO support as of yet - thought it was me for a minute but does sound like issue with the app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Manish ,

Might be better to email chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com instead.

Badge

Hi @Manish ,

Might be better to email chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com instead.

Have dropped them an email.  Can I test charging by removing the app i.e so my Car talks direct to my Hive Charger?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Probably best not to do that, as it may remove logs and other diagnostics as well. Try starting an Urgent Charge via the charger or car instead.

Badge

I will give it a go but don’t have the option in my Hive App, will try from the car.  

Thanks for the advice!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, yes pal delete the app and it will direct charge. That’s what I have done in the past. Mine recognises it’s plugged in and says it’s going to start charging at a certain time but it never does 

Badge

So did an immediate charge from the car and it is now charging.  The app has not changed, so looks like comms with the car/audi.

Logged into the audi app and it is not updating information - tried both the app and the web browser - wonder if there are issues with MyAudi?

Manish