News

A thank you to all our V2G trialists: what happens next?

A thank you to all our V2G trialists: what happens next?

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Unless you have a DPI Firewall with SSL Inspection/Interception that is. But chances are you don’t and it probably wouldn’t work anyway.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@kihon@Blastoise186 

As i said waiting on Indra first and v2h.

But nothing is fully secure as for DPI and SSL i only need IP address and trust me Blastoise i have plenty of colleagues involved in cyber intelligence in automotive but as said dont need to yet. As for looking at packets check out Wireshark - go deep

:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Blastoise186 How can i be done for hacking something that belongs to me, eg the Indra V2G unit you re address the source ip to another ip which could be simply on my home network or get the script re-written within the unit, which you own.

Hi @Rishtonleaf i am curious

Have you asked Indra about their thoughts on what you have been thinking about doing?

Are there any license conditions associated with the charger software and hardware? 

I appreciate it is only your thoughts at the moment. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Jeffus  your absolutely 110% correct only thoughts at the moment but is possible. As for hardware its mine after 2years so thats ok. As for software i havent that i know agreed to any licences but good point to review. But there is a way around that like all computers eg delete windows and install open source. Not getting into it any further but will when know future direction in next few months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Jeffus  your absolutely 110% correct only thoughts at the moment but is possible. As for hardware its mine after 2years so thats ok. As for software i havent that i know agreed to any licences but good point to review. But there is a way around that like all computers eg delete windows and install open source. Not getting into it any further but will when know future direction in next few months.

@Rishtonleaf i will direct Indra to your posts and ask for their feedback as it may help inform others thinking about this.

Let us know how you get on. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Just got an email indicating the V2G rates are extended till 31 March 2023 (Which to be honest makes sense if we are trying to balance the load over the winter period)

[*casting resurrect*] 

Curious to see how is this going?

I tried joining V2H trial with Indra but their quota was already filled, now considering moving away from Ovo for more suitable tariffs (plus expecting PV soon) so would be good to take control of the charger...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Already on the v2h. Havent took full advantage as my power module is faulty which i reported to ovo 2days after install in 2020 as import exports werent matching smartmeter by 150%. But alas looks like someones on writing standalone v2h. Research facebook and v2h see screenshot