Solved

Why has my smart gas meter battery failed? I was left off-supply over the weekend!

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adwatp if you need to you could try their social media where if you private message they do have access to your account (unlike here)

Twitter  -  https://twitter.com/OVOEnergy

Facebook  -  https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

Userlevel 2

Thanks

Userlevel 2

Getting no reply on Twitter

Really disappointing

Cant really believe how bad Ovo Customer Service is now compared to a while back

I have recommended Ovo a few times previously but never again

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Getting no reply on Twitter

Really disappointing

Cant really believe how bad Ovo Customer Service is now compared to a while back

I have recommended Ovo a few times previously but never again

@Adwatp be good to know how you get on today after contacting OVO. 

Userlevel 2

@Jeffus Well …

Having phoned at 8.00 on monday  as the website says,  the phone message then says 9.00

So i tried the web chat.

Took about 10 minutes for someone to respond. Then went silent for about 40 minutes despite my prompts

So at 9.00 i phoned again and did actually speak to someone fairly promptly and should have an engineer out in about 3 hours

The web chat came back on as i was on the phone, so 1 hour after first trying web chat. They said they hadnt received my replies

So really not a great experience overall but hoping to have it sorted in the next few hours.

To get an engineer within 3 hours of calling is fine. Good in fact. And the contractor has since phoned to confirm.

But the overall experience so far has been very poor and stressful when trying to communicate with machines and getting nowhere and not knowing when an actual person might help you

Hi, our smart gas meter has failed and because it is Saturday we are struggling to talk to anyone in OVO who can help. It is looking like we will have to wait until Monday before anyone will answer the phone so we will have two days with no heating or hot water. I notice from the original post in this conversation from SalamancaRhodes that they managed to find an out of business hours number to call. I was hoping someone on here might know it to pass on? I live in hope!

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge

… we are struggling to talk to anyone in OVO who can help.

The social media teams operate at the weekends. If you’re without heating, they may be able to arrange an emergency appointment. The Facebook team can be accessed using the blue button at the bottom of this page, while X is here:  OVO (@OVOEnergy) / X (twitter.com). They may be the same support agents answering in both places, and they can have access to your account and do most of the stuff that those who answer the phones on weekdays can do. You don’t have to have a Facebook account to use the Messenger chat.

Thanks Firedog, I did get in touch with them via Facebook and did get a reply asking for my name, address, account number and then they would look into it for me. Of course I immediately I supplied the information but have heard nothing back from them. You would think when a Smart meter failed it would immediately notify them as an issue. As my husband says, they can use a smart meter to charge us for use but funnily can’t use it as a notification of failure…..

Just to say, OVO did get back to me and sent out a technician who arrived half an hour ago and fixed the meter! Very impressed, contact via Facebook does work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

So glad the system worked for you!

🙌

Userlevel 6

Hey @Reluctant 

Sorry to hear you were having some trouble with the smart meter over the weekend, but I’m really glad to hear the team were able to help you out yesterday and get an engineer out quickly.

If you’ve ever any other questions in future, don’t hesitate to pop back.😊