However, i'm hoping that there is a way forward using the smart gateway. Looking more closely at the device it seems to be a fairly standard telegesis zigbee data collector. It has a web based management interface but I do not have the username/password for this. Does anyone know what it is? If I can get into the config then the sever that it posts to could be changed to my own one and then OVO can switch off whatever they like!
TLDR; Does anyone know the username/password for the smart gateway management interface?
Best answer by Anonymous
Updated on 27/05/21 by Jess_OVO
As you've all heard, unfortunately we made the difficult decision to remove this feature on our old online system due to ongoing issues with it.
If you have a Smart Gateway, it can simply be unplugged and recycled as an electrical device. If you have a Wi-Fi connected IHD, it can continue as an In-Home Display by following these steps:
1. Tap 'OK' once to enter the menu.
2. Navigate to 'Adjust settings'; then tap 'OK' to enter the submenu.
3. Navigate to 'Wi-Fi options'; then tap 'OK' to enter the submenu.
4. The device will say 'Leave network'; tap 'OK' to leave the Wi-Fi network.
5. Your device will now function as a normal IHD.
If you have a Smart Gateway and don't have a Pipit or Chameleon IHD, reach out to our Support Team to request one.