Solved

Secure Liberty Smart meter Economy 7 boost button - What does it do?

I have noticed if I press the number 2 on the smart meter it gives me the option to switch boost on for 60 minutes is this normal as I can't find anything about it in the instruction booklet?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 May 2018, 12:52

View original

10 replies

Updated on 07/03/22 by Jess_OVO

What does the ‘Boost’ function do?

If you’ve got storage heaters or underfloor heating controlled by a 5 port smart meter, you may be wondering how to use your smart meter to activate your heating outside of the usually scheduled times. Welcome to the boost function!

Activating 'Boost' functionality on Liberty 110/112 meters

You can activate the Boost function via your Secure Liberty 110/112 meter itself or via your Pipit In-Home Display (IHD) up to 10 times per day. 

On the meter keypad, press ‘2’ then ‘A’ - you’ll hear a click and the meter screen will show ‘BOOST ON’. On the Pipit IHD,  press 'Dual Fuel' and then tap on the 'Status' button at the bottom of the screen on the electric side of the display.

Once activated your 5th terminal appliances will be switched on for an hour. The energy they use during this time will be charge at your usual peak rates.

SMETS2 and 5th port set ups

We’re now able to fit SMETS2 smart meters for set ups requiring a 5th port/terminal connection, such as underfloor heating or storage heaters on economy 7 - More info here

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Ok Many thanks for your help in answering my question, Can you please explain how i can do the boost button on the IHD as i cant seem to find it.

Many thanks

Rob
Userlevel 7
Hi @rob1420

As you will have some kind of heating appliance connected to your smart meters' fifth port, you should have a Pipet 500 In Home Display (IHD). With this IHD you need to go to 'Dual' button on the main menu, and then in the bottom left corner look for the 'Supply status' display. Click on that and then press 'Boost' if it's available.

Tim
You got an instruction booklet!! That's better than i got!

We are trying to use the boost function however when you press the number 2 is displays Not Used. How can I get access to the boos option?

Userlevel 5

It sounds like the meter may not be set up as Economy 7, @Murrayl. If you use Facebook or Twitter send us a message there with your name, DoB and account number so we can check. You can also use webchat on the Help Centre.

Hi Eva

Thank you for your reply. The issue is now resolved. A new meter was installed yesterday and all working as it should. 

Userlevel 6

Ah great to hear, @Murrayl, thanks for keeping us in the loop! 

:blush:

Hi, i have a utilitia smart metre that i changed over to economy energy. Which has gone over to OVO. I was just wondering what does the boost button mean? I dont have storage heaters. 

Userlevel 5

Take a look at this topic for more info, @Zopeawoo!