Solved

Emergency Control Valve (EVC) that shuts off gas supply can’t be operated due to positioning of smart meter - how to get this fixed?

How long does it take for ovo to respond to emails on average?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 15 March 2022, 12:43

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Derbyshirelad ,

On average, you’re talking somewhere around 3-5 working days under normal circumstances. However, the Support Team is being swamped right now so it may take up to 10 working days. Please bear with them during this time and they’ll get back to you when they can.

Got back within a day and asked for photos which I sent same day that was 3 weeks ago 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ahh… that doesn’t usually happen.

If the email got delivered successfully, there’ll be a record of it. If never arrived, there’ll be no trace.

I’d suggest contacting the Support Team in the morning via either phone or live chat and ask for your timeline to be searched. Chances are the email will show up and the agent can handle it for you.

I got acknowledgment of email but maybe will need to contact them.

To cut a long story short our gas man pointed out (I’m ashamed to say I didn’t pick up on it earlier) that the lever that shuts gas off can’t be operated  due to positioning of smart meter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha. Could you show us some photos here please? I’m kinda curious about this and it might help other members out.

Userlevel 1

Looks a bit of a issue not sure health and safety would be happy.

If you get a leak run 

Surely its not a big job for them to move union 180 degree /remove flange or replace union ?  Hard to believe fitter missed it

Am i missing something how did he turn gas back on after fitting meter ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s tricky to figure out from the photos (even with the second one that was there), but it appears at first glance that the lever can just about squeeze through the gap.

This isn’t something I can say for sure though as I can only visually inspect the photos that get shared here. I’m also getting the feeling that this is a semi-concealed installation, which adds further complications due to the tight tolerances and small spaces to work with. The clue for me is that I think I’m seeing OVO’s special semi-concealed meter fitting kit in the photos.

A wider shot would confirm that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That can be arranged via the Support Team and is probably a good idea in a case like this one. I’m not quite sure if it qualifies under the emergency category, but it definitely wouldn’t surprise me if it does. Strictly speaking, that valve is an emergency shut-off valve and is a critical safety device, so there’s a good chance it’ll get a quick resolution once an engineer visit can be arranged.

The OP has said that the images have already been submitted to the Support Team, so all of those will be linked to the case once an agent has seen them. That’s about as far as I can help I’m afraid, as I don’t have access to internal systems.

I can assure you that the lever can’t be moved and there’s no movement I can do safely or with any confidence so I will wait and see as for access I removed the cupboard to enable more access due to lockdowns etc new kitchen is yet to be fitted so access remains ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks for the update.

@Tim_OVO is currently online so I’ll try to grab his attention.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 20/07/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Thanks for those photos, @Derbyshirelad - it does look like that meter is very close to the ECV and might be making it tricky to operate. 

The owner of the pipes leading up to, and including the ECV, is the gas transporter for your region. But it’s not clear what needs adjusting for this supply. So as Blastoise mentioned, the OVO Support team are well placed to work out if it’s one of our engineers or the transporter. They can then reach out to the transporter, or advise you to with the details included. 

I’d recommend chasing this up via online chat which you can find here. There might be an update to share with you!

Userlevel 7

My mistake, thought that was the same image so was doing a bit of thread tidying.

All reinstated now, @Derbyshirelad - Have you managed to reach the Support Team to check the next steps yet?

Yes on Tuesday  now waiting to see what if anything is going to done

The silence is deafening, so I guess that’s it. Shame I couldn’t get an answer even one I wouldn’t like but that’s modern business practice and perhaps I’m to old fashioned. No prizes for guessing what I’d be doing if it wasn’t for the current situation ……

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hang in there for a bit longer! I’m talking to @Tim_OVO at the moment about something else anyway, so I’ll ask him to stop by. Jess is taking this week off, so Tim is running the show across the OVO Forum and it might take him longer to reply than usual.

The other user in this thread has since spontaneously disappeared from the forum, so it should be a bit less noisy for you in the meantime.

Userlevel 7

We’re on hand to make sure you get a reply, @Derbyshirelad. I reckon you’ll be at the front of the email queue, but you could chase this up via online chat this morning.

Alternatively if you drop a message here on Friday if you still haven’t had a reply (I bet you will by then), we’ll take it offline via a private message and see what’s going on! 

Hope that helps,
Tim

Haven’t heard back from web chat but I’m at work so can’t do much today .This all stems from when smart meter was installed and back plate obstructs lever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries, thanks for the update. Tim is currently juggling both the OVO and Boost Forums on his own this week as Jess is taking the week off, so he might be a bit slower to respond than usual. If he doesn’t respond by the end of today, I’ll ping him a heads up that you stopped by.

Userlevel 7

Yep thanks for coming back, @Derbyshirelad - I’m sorry on behalf of OVO that a reply to your email hasn’t been sent to you yet. 

I’m asking for someone from OVO_Forum_Support to ping you a private message to get some account details and go from there. They won’t get to this today but will pick up your reply on Monday.