Solved

Can I get my smart meter removed and replaced with a traditional meter?

• 28 November 2020
  • 1 reply

As it's not law to have a smart meter,can anyone tell us how to get them removed for a traditional meter,any ideas Tim ?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 28 November 2020, 20:58

Hi @Smudgershane ,

Unfortunately, it’s not usually possible to downgrade from a smart meter back to a traditional meter, except in very specific exceptional circumstances. Even in those cases, downgrading is extremely expensive and not usually worth the cost.

The only valid use-case that I know of right now, is if you need to switch from a Single-Phase Supply to a Three-Phase Supply. This is only likely if you have a need for a lot of electricity (most people don’t).

I’m sorry that this isn’t the answer you might have hoped for, but there's no longer any stocks left with any supplier to enable downgrades.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Smudgershane ,

Unfortunately, it’s not usually possible to downgrade from a smart meter back to a traditional meter, except in very specific exceptional circumstances. Even in those cases, downgrading is extremely expensive and not usually worth the cost.

The only valid use-case that I know of right now, is if you need to switch from a Single-Phase Supply to a Three-Phase Supply. This is only likely if you have a need for a lot of electricity (most people don’t).

I’m sorry that this isn’t the answer you might have hoped for, but there's no longer any stocks left with any supplier to enable downgrades.