Solved

Cooling off within 14 days - Why can't I cancel an accidental renewal on my online account?

• 25 January 2022
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

Hi just been looking at fixed rate tarrifs as I'm on a variable rate and pressed button by accident so I'm now on fixed rate with cover for boiler, my boiler is 1 year old and has ten year guarantee, so there is no confirmation button you usually get afterwards to which I think is at best odd.

Also there is no way a of cancelling online as I'm within 14 days of cooling of period. 

You are aware of the problem as there are complaints already made about it, as a company are you struggling technology wise? 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Alan aum and welcome to the OVO online community,

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve also been affected by this unclear online journey. This is something that our technical team are aware of and hoping to improve in the coming month, so we hope that these slip-ups will be avoided in future.

Just to clarify, this accidental renewal can be cancelled during your 14 day cooling off period by reaching out to the Support Team. The quickest way to reach the team is often via our webchat which you can access here.

I hope this gets things sorted ASAP for you.

Hello @Alum aim  I actually don’t know how it happened as there was no acceptance I though I was just looking around and suddenly I’m fixed! Yes it took quite a while to sort out as exit fees were charged despite being well within the 14 days ie hours not days. They keep saying its a technical fix but the complaints have been going on for well over 9months. I did lodge a complaint but no reply on that either.  Sorry but after calls and emails I did get it sorted but live in fear of going back on the site to look at rates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hello @Alum aim  I actually don’t know how it happened as there was no acceptance I though I was just looking around and suddenly I’m fixed! Yes it took quite a while to sort out as exit fees were charged despite being well within the 14 days ie hours not days. They keep saying its a technical fix but the complaints have been going on for well over 9months. I did lodge a complaint but no reply on that either.  Sorry but after calls and emails I did get it sorted but live in fear of going back on the site to look at rates.