Solved

Need 100 amp breaker switch fitted to my supply to assist with the connection of my solar/battery system?

• 2 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

How do I get a 100 amp breaker switch  fitted to my supply to assist with the connection  of my solar / battery system?

icon

Best answer by trevcox 2 January 2024, 20:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Welcome @Graeme Whyte ,

OVO Support can help with that for a fee of £160. If you have a chat with them, they can set that job up for you.

Badge +1

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

How do I get a 100 amp breaker switch  fitted to my supply to assist with the connection  of my solar / battery system?

You would also need to make sure that your main fuse is 100A (some aren’t) but when I was looking at installing solar PV and battery storage, my installer organised my fuse and breaker to be upgraded. Do you have a smart meter? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Unless I misread it does the page on that link have out of date prices Blastoise ? Didn’t see £160

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It's actually £158.25 but close enough to £160 that rounding is reasonable :)

Badge +2

Hi Graeme

If what you require is merely an upgraded mains fuse taking it to100amp then UK Power Network will do it for free.  They upgraded mine for when I had a Zero Emission Boiler fitted. 

The one proviso is that you will need to ensure your fuse box has the correct size tails for the 100amp fuse.  Go to their website and you will find all the details you require.

Trevor

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Graeme Whyte 

If you don't mind switching suppliers...

Octopus Energy have been fitting isolation switches for free, but worth checking this is still the case.

There are some Octopus customers on this forum who may be willing to share their referral code so you both get £50

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve been waiting for 2 months just to get a response from the Octopus engineers team to make an appointment to upgrade my meter tails…. Grass not always greener 🙄