Solved

Why has my thread been deleted?

I’ve got an ongoing battle happening with OVO and to cap it all now my thread complaining about these issues has been deleted !!!

I’ve also just spent another hour and a half on the phone to OVO being passed around and getting nowhere

Still I have raised another two complaints for what they are worth …..

Good luck to anybody trying to do business with these people 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 5 April 2024, 15:01

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Your posts have probably been moved .. try here

They tend to merge threads to keep things in place 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello,

I have traced your threads. They were merged into other threads - not deleted.

Please find them as comments in the threads below:

You can also find them here.

That’s just corporate slipperiness to hide there lack of attention to the issue ….

doing this drowns the post in all the other rubbish that’s going on 

The end customers deserve to know just how bad OVO are ….

This is the first and last connection I will ever take with OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Eh? Not really - just Forum Housekeeping. Something that many forums do.

It’s not targeted at you, this is a weekly task that’s been performed for several years. Keeps things organised and never deletes legitimate content. You can always find it via your profile using the links we provided.

Thats a new one on me … 

I am a member of a number of forums and this is totally unique to OVO

My original post has been buried in with all the other ones.

my profile has lost the link to the original post just the links to the other threads I have posted into

The problem here is the post was not complementary to OVO

Why don’t OVO actually put effort into resolving the issue rather than (arguing / attempting to handle complaints / pushing customers around call centers)

I’m not asking for much just a set up SEG account

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

How many of those forums are customer support types?

Social forums don’t tend to do this - but it’s recommended on customer support type forums such as this one. Trust me - I know a LOT of Community Managers from around the world. In actual fact, my contact list is full of them and it’s super easy for me to ask any of them questions like this one.

If you think it has been deleted or moderated in error, please send an appeal to forum@ovoenergy.com . If, however, it was deleted for breaking House Rules and that gets verified, it’ll stay deleted. If the review determines it was in error, it’ll get restored but might get merged into an existing thread.

If you ask nicely, I can get you direct links to pretty much any comment you’ve ever posted.

What does get deleted however, is stuff like spam and other junk that has no place here. That stuff gets deleted with precision and thanks to the Forum Volunteers, with 100% accuracy and 0% collateral damage.

Thanks for the extra info .... 

I appreciate your position and it's your playground so you can make the rules.

One thing I will say here is you are by far the most responsive, informative, and proactive OVO employee that I have run into.

You react almost immediately ... It's a great pity that the rest of the OVO people don't take a leaf out of your book.

Would you like a job in the SEG team ? They could certainly benefit from a person of your caliber joining them ....

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Except that I’m a volunteer, not an employee.

Well then I would suggest you find a company better than OVO to give your time over to.

It still stands that the SEG team would greatly benefit from your help ....

Defending the indefensible is an admirable position to take ......

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There aren’t many companies that I consider more worthy of my time. With that being said, I do have my ways of keeping an eye on OVO’s performance. The exact details are a bit of a secret, but they are powerful and highly effective.

What most people don’t see, is some of the other stuff OVO has done to help me out over the past three years or so. My volunteering is heavily geared towards those who’ve helped me in some way, or helped someone I know. It’s my way of giving back.

I can also tell you that my presence on this forum has saved someone’s life at least once. I can’t share the details, but that’s how much I care about others. Not many people can say they’ve done that.

My wife is a first responder and she's also saved peoples life's ... Your not the only person who helps others ....

OVO is just a badly run company 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not as bad as the 30+ suppliers who got shut down over the last few years. Avro Energy comes to mind as probably the worst - basically run in a completely fraudulent manner by directors who had absolutely no idea what they were supposed to be doing.

It’s pretty much impossible for OVO to be worse than that.

The nature of some of my volunteer work means that I assist with things that save more lives than you could possibly imagine. I just can’t publicly talk about how I do it.

All I'd like is one simple thing ... 

A compliantly set up SEG account and so far I've been trying to since January 

Not much to ask really 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I have a Joker Card for that. It’s already been played while I’ve been talking to you. For now, it’s invisible - the effects may become more visible later.

That's very good to hear ... As I say you would be a massive asset to the SEG team .…

I'll wait to see what happens 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Perhaps, I won’t lie to you - I’ve been thinking about getting a job with OVO. There’s only one team I would want to work with. You’ve already met them, I’ll say that much.

Go for it ... You would be a complete asset to them but your going to be pushing water up hill .... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m a Water-Type Blastoise, that’s easy for me. I’m already well known to OVO and that proves helpful sometimes - if I did get a job, I’d need no introductions.