Skip to main content

I'm at the end of my tether with OVO. I applied for the Warm Home Discount on 04 Oct 23, and I received an e-mail on the same day saying I had qualified for it and I would receive it by 15 Nov 23. I still haven't received it. I've spent the last 2 weeks phoning, e-mailing and having web chats with OVO. I've been given excuse after excuse why I haven't received it, all of them different. I thought I was getting somewhere about 1 week ago when I spoke with an OVO staff member who went through my application with me and told me everything was in order and that I should have received it. He said he'd look into it and get back to me, but I never heard from again. I've tried to complain, but I get generic replies. One staff member from the complaints team e-mailed me yesterday saying she has tried to call me but can't get through. She tried to call me once and she left a voicemail. The number she left to call her back was a general number and when I phoned it, they had no idea who she was or how to get in touch with her. I've been getting the WHD for 3 years now and SSE always paid it within 2-3 weeks of applying for it, but here I am 2 months later and OVO don't even know what they are doing. OVO have really dropped the ball on this.

Hi, asking for a friend, they are a core customer but still no WHD payment and cant find their letter, who can they contact about this?

https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/if-not-got-discount-for-winter-2023-2024