Solved

Fordpass charge anytime not working

Show first post

30 replies

Badge

Just to let everyone know, Ive now been in touch with Ford technical support team, and they've confirmed Ford has no intention of updating FordPass to allow any third party apps to control it and don't anticipate this changing due security.

They also claim to have told Ovo this..…

Therefore unless Ovo can offer something immediate, Eon ar offering 7 hours offpeak (Midnight till 07.00) at 6.9p per Kw. 

Peak Rate is pretty steep though

Didnt see that, so thats 7p more than Ovo currently 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just to let everyone know, Ive now been in touch with Ford technical support team, and they've confirmed Ford has no intention of updating FordPass to allow any third party apps to control it and don't anticipate this changing due security.

They also claim to have told Ovo this..…

Therefore unless Ovo can offer something immediate, Eon ar offering 7 hours offpeak (Midnight till 07.00) at 6.9p per Kw. 

Ok, Debunk successful.

My contact at Ford has confirmed you were told bad info. Ford DOES intend to update/upgrade FordPass to support OVO Charge Anytime and progress is still being made between OVO and Ford to make this an officially supported thing. My contact agrees with me that it’s probably a case of whoever you spoke to not being in-sync with the latest advice.

He has also confirmed that even Octopus customers are still getting auto-banned repeatedly, so this isn’t just an OVO issue. At this time, changing supplier to another one that does Smart Charging probably won’t magically fix things.

Probably also worth mentioning that if you leave OVO now, you run the risk of NOT being reimbursed for lost Anytime Charging credits. OVO wants to make it up to you, but can only do so if you’re still on-supply at the point of credit distribution.

He’s going to try and get their Social Media Team to put something out there to clear things up. He will also look at trying to get these mixed messages fixed as well.

More updates will be made available when there’s news. My contact also prefers to remain anonymous so I can’t reveal much more than that right now.

Userlevel 3

Updated on 03/05/24 by Shads_OVO

Update for Ford drivers having issues with Charge Anytime

You might have noticed issues using the Charge Anytime app to smart charge your EV recently. That’s because, in March, Ford blocked third party access to their system following a review of their security protocols.

Unfortunately, this means we don’t have access to your charging data, so can’t provide Charge Anytime credit until Ford approves the use of third party access to their system. We know this is disappointing and are really sorry for the inconvenience. We’re working with Ford to resolve this, but unfortunately don’t have a solution yet.

A thank you from OVO

We really value you as a customer and want to thank you for bearing with us, while we work with Ford to fix this. As a goodwill gesture, we’ve added £25 energy credit to all our affected customers’ accounts. You need to be on supply to get this payment. You'll see this on your next bill.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we have an update from Ford.

Thanks

The OVO Team

Badge

Any progress?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Hesse12345,

Any updates will be pinned to the thread for everyone 🙂 The most up-to-date news we have is the one @Shads_OVO posted on 03/05!