Skip to main content

TADO CH contact sticking in closed position

heating running full on

Hi @Sah1956 ,

Sorry, but that’s not something which is OVO’s responsibility I’m afraid. Have a chat with Tado and they can help you out with that.

It is up to OVO to deal with this issue and not TADO (if unit fault cannot be resolved by using TADO helpline/App)

unit purchased from OVO and therefore they are responsible for its warranty and replacement if faulty.

Hi @Sah1956

Sorry to hear of an issue with your Tado smart thermostat. 

Blastoise isn’t wrong with regards to Tado being the ones to support you with any device issues. That’s also stated in the terms and conditions (5.4), found here. Get help from Tado here

Hi

I bought a tado smart thermostat through ovo maybe a year n half ago then left ovo but i have now come back how can re connect my tado back to OVO

Couldn’t find anything specific @jasonmturner but I found this support page 

https://support.tado.com/en/

I don’t believe that a smart thermostat is in any way dependent on who the energy supplier is. Surely it just controls when your boiler (or air pump, or other heating device) switches on/off, regardless of the energy supplier?

The Tado thermostat should have kept working when you switched away from OVO, and still be working now that you have switched back.

So I’m not sure what you mean by ‘re-connect’?
Unless you had actually swapped the Tado thermostat back to the old one? There was no need to do that, as said it would have kept working.

Or are you perhaps thinking of the Fixed rate ‘Heating and Control’ plan which offered the Tado thermostat as part of the plan?

If so then as you have already got the Tado thermostat you don’t need another one, so any other fixed rate plan should suffice if you want to fix your rate.
There are 1-year and 2-year plans available with various options:
https://www.ovoenergy.com/home-energy-plans/fixed-tariffs

Also check you online account, as an existing customer other Fixed Rate ‘Loyalty’ tariffs (with a lower rate) may be available to you.

There was an account link @Nukecad 

https://company.ovo.com/ovo-energy-and-tado-lead-first-trial-linking-smart-meter-with-a-smart-thermostat-to-early-beta-testers/

I did find this @jasonmturner 

(from OVO website)

Aah I see, that trial was before my time here so I was not aware of it.

It appears to ‘split-out’ the heating data from general usage so that a customer can see just how much the heating is using.
Presumably it would have to compare when the thermostat was active to half-hour Smart Meter data.

Maybe it could also be used to restrict usage to certain greener times, al-la Charge Anytime for EVs.
Although I’m not sure how desirable that would be for heating.

(PS. I have a gas boiler as my only gas appliance, so it’s easy for me to see what my heating/hot water costs - unless I also turn on an electric heater. I am thinking of changing my thermostat from an old dial type to a digital one, I have looked at the Tado but personally I don’t need a smart one).

Hi @jasonmturner,

It seems that our forum volunteers have already given some good advice here. Hopefully this was helpful.

Please let us know if you need any further help.