Solved

We should have access to our account by end of 2023, but still don't - what's going on?

• 26 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2

Only five more days to go and then I can finally access my account on-line again after having no access for 9 months.

Hurrah !!!!!

“We're in the process of migrating groups of customers to our new website so access to your online account won't be available until the end of 2023”

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 28 December 2023, 09:28

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @Hadders52,

We’ve updated all related topics on the Forum, as advice has changed. We’ll be unlocking the new online account for everybody that doesn’t already have access in early 2024. 

Does the holding message you see on the online account still say 2023? If so, are you able to upload a screenshot and I’ll report this internally.

Really sorry for any inconvenience, you will still receive pdf statements via email, and if you have any further questions regarding the account, the Support Team will be happy to help you out.

Our Support team’s web messaging and WhatsApp opening hours will be:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 
  • 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

You can see all open contact channels via our Help Centre

Userlevel 2

11:18 27Dec23

Userlevel 2

I am still stuck in this same loop, 8 month promise to sort by end of this year, recent emails sent to check it will still be happening and no reply 

I guess OVO are as embarrassed as I am fed up

it really is a joke now , I am moving my account next week, 8 months was a farcically long lead time to sort this out , moving into another vague date in the future is quite pathetic 

My holding page also says end of 2023. I assume this will be sorted in the next couple of days and that OVO has not been stringing me along to persuade me not to switch to another supplier...?

Userlevel 7

Hey @ADHS,

This has been raised internally and the holding page will be changed. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, the date has been moved to early 2024. 

If we hear any more information we’ll update these Forum topics. 

In the meantime, you will still receive pdf statements via email, and if you have any further questions regarding the account, the Support Team will be happy to help you out.

Userlevel 3

“ In the meantime, you will still receive pdf statements via email, and if you have any further questions regarding the account, the Support Team will be happy to help you out."

This is all very well, but (1) I didn’t receive a statement by email in December and (2) the support team is hard (or impossible) to contact. The chat facility doesn’t recognize my account number, presumably for the same reason that you have cut off my website access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@DavidG58 @Hadders52 @ADHS @Frustrated and irate 

Have you ever put in official complaints?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

There are also some email links on the same page to contact the ovo ceo team.

You could also post a review on Trustpilot which can help highlight issues 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 3

(2) the support team is hard (or impossible) to contact.

Having said this, I did manage to contact a human via whatsapp today to upload the meter readings and get the missing bill. The human was helpful as always, and the process was much faster than when I did this before (last year).

Userlevel 2

Still not even bothered to update the update page, still promising end of 2023, pretty much sums up this fiasco by OVO 🤬

no reply to my email to customer services asking for update on my timescale, rude and incompetent even allowing for weekends and bank holidays you are now up to 10 days since sent, auto reply said 2 days 🙁

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s probably worth saying that it’s literally only the 3rd January 2024 today - teams are only just returning to work at companies across the country.

Be patient and give them time to catch up. It’s not just OVO that has a huge backlog to work through.

If you want to contact OVO, email is almost always the slowest option. There are MUCH faster ways such as Live Chat or phone if you don’t want to wait that long.

Userlevel 2

@Blastoise186 

i sort of get your point, but email sent before Christmas not replied to, if 48 hours is unrealistic why auto reply quoting that 🤔

I bet you are not one of the accounts waiting for transfer, 8 months to achieve that was a joke, extending that period without any word of update or apology is mega frustrating 

update on email, OVO replied to my wife’s email address yesterday despite acknowledging my email, my wife has never emailed OVO

Patronising reply saying comments will be added to feedback but totally swerving my question 

even today the only web access I can get states update by end of 2023, no wonder OVO IT can’t sort out the account upgrade if they can’t even update the main screen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I switched from SSE to OVO in October 2020, which was at least a year or two after newly provisioned accounts stopped being routed to Apollo and Orion had already come out of open beta based on the history of this forum.

Forum threads were updated with the new info in December last year. The Forum Moderators have informed the right team to update that page. I’ll ask for an update when I get chance. It’s not the responsibility of OVO IT though - that’s a different department entirely.